6 Months
I cannot believe its been half a year since this little man came into the world. He is such a joy and a blessing and I love spending my days with him and his awesome sister. He is almost always happy, super strong, and has an amazing smile. I love this little man!
His stats at 6 months are:
Weight: 18 lbs 6 oz (70th percentile)
Length: 27 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circ: 44.5 cm (75th percentile)
He is big, but perfectly proportional!
We had to fill out a questionaire about what all he can do, so I thought I'd note some of those things. He can sit unassisted for relatively long periods of time. He is not 100% sturdy yet, but he's pretty darn close. He is still not eating solids regularly.
He is still 100% breastfed, but I tried to give him prunes, cereal and apples mixed last week and got a crib full of vomit to show for it. He's just not ready and I'm going to stop rushing it. We are going to do baby-led weaning, I think, which involves skipping cereals and baby food and letting baby handle big food as they are ready. We'll see how that goes.
Colin is not regularly rolling back to front, although he's done it a handful of times. He always rolls front to back and then seems mad. He is good at scooting, but not really directed. He doesn't pull with his arms, but mainly pushes with his legs. He is good at bending, reaching, and has can get anything you give him into his mouth within seconds. I'm fairly certain he has more teeth coming very soon.
He is still loving the jumperoo and exersaucer. He spits and blows sweet raspberries, laughs hysterically when you tickle his tummy. He can manipulate his paci and small toys like nobody's business. I just threw some Kix cereal on his exersaucer and he is concentrating very hard on getting them. Its not going so well, but he's having fun trying!
I know I've not posted a ton of pictures like last summer, but we still go boating almost every weekend. I have a really awesome mother who watches one or both kiddos so I can get a bit of sunshine and exercise in and I'm so grateful for it! Lily is such a great waterbug, she is loving the tube this year and is awesome at swimming in her life vest. She's such a brave kid!
Lily's drawing has really taken off! Check out the Lion and the Mouse (note: I made the Lion's eyes bigger because they were just dots and hard to see). The mouse has eyes, but they are just dots :)

Lily is uber-girly and it really just proves to me that nature wins over nurture any day. Most of you know, I"m hard pressed to brush my hair most days. Lily loves to wear skirts and dresses, only wears "pretty shoes", loves this little tutu, constantly declares her undying love for the color pink. She's as girly as they come!
Lily is uber-girly and it really just proves to me that nature wins over nurture any day. Most of you know, I"m hard pressed to brush my hair most days. Lily loves to wear skirts and dresses, only wears "pretty shoes", loves this little tutu, constantly declares her undying love for the color pink. She's as girly as they come!
3 Comments:
At Tue Aug 18, 02:18:00 PM 2009,
Mommy Toy said…
I would love to talk to you about your preschool homeschooling. I'm thinking we may go that route too. Travis doesn't really believe in sending kids to preschool. Sooo...this is looking like an option for us. Where do you get your ideas from??
At Tue Aug 18, 08:22:00 PM 2009,
Neva said…
Is that my hat?
At Wed Aug 19, 09:38:00 PM 2009,
Amy said…
Hehehe, "I don't want to wear Crocs b/c they are not beu-ti-ful"!
Post a Comment
<< Home