Monday, July 20, 2009

Slacker

Sorry for the terrible posting job lately. I've actually had more photo shoots than I can count lately. Things are going well and I'm definately learning more, but its just going so fast. Somedays, I need a break. My kids are doing great, though. For the most part, anyway :)

At 5 months, Colin is such a happy, sweet boy. He smiles, even when he's fussy and crying. Anytime I smooch on his stomach, he lets out this big, hearty laugh. He's recently been exploring his own body, from the smooshyness of his male parts to the softness of his downy hair. He can't quite sit by himself, but can tripod for a bit before toppling over. His favorite thing is his jumperoo and he jumps up and down with such vigor. We are having sleep issues again. Our daytime sleep has gotten better, but the nighttime sleep is suffering. Last night, we were up every two hours. He also is still going great time lengths between pooping. The first time, it was 11 days, then 14 days and this last time (yesterday), was 7 days.


Lily is still saucy as all get-out and her very advanced language skills belie her age. The girl can talk! Lately, a lot of that talking has been talking back. I'm telling you, three has been the hardest for us so far. I have no idea if its the age or the introduction of a sibling. Lily loves to cuddle, smooch, play, imagine, ask questions (lots of "why?") and also scream "no!," refuse to nap, get up 5 times at bedtime to insist she has to pee, and pass out on the floor of her room covered in my little ponies. Some more pictures from this week...

Lily is also obsessed with disney movies. She loves Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Little Mermaid. This is her Little Mermaid impression:

My kids have doppelgangers:

Things are going pretty well around here. Other than some sleepless nights, I can't complain. Myphotography is going well. I actually have a homebirth coming up, it could be any day now. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm scared I won't have a babysitter, even though I have a few on -call. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Jul 21, 10:43:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Melissa said…

    These pictures are hilarious!!
    You still need to capture the before crying picture of Colin, with that super cute lip!

     
  • At Thu Jul 23, 06:47:00 AM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    I think I'm a sadist. I get such a kick out of crying baby pictures. Oh, and "kids posing as mermaids" pictures. I like those, too. :)ally

     
  • At Fri Jul 24, 07:40:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pictures! Cuteness like crazy!

    Three is a tough age here too! I'm not loving it so far. Piper is sassy, talking back, rolling her eyes at me... you name this child is doing it and she is only THREE! I'll need help when the hormones start raging through her body.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home