EdVenture
Colin update:
So, first up, I'd like to note what all Colin has going on this week. It is currently PoopWatch 2009 around here. He has not pooped in 10 days. I keep reading on the internet that this is not terribly abnormal for a breastfed baby because they absorb so much of the breastmilk, but I'm still stressed out about it. Also, his gas smells like a grown man. Such a bad smell for such a cute little guy.
Also, his bottom two teeth are just about to erupt! I didn't believe it at first, but he has the telltale lines, which is where the gums separate before the teeth come in. So I guess all the drooling, finger and toe chewing, and nipple clamping was for a purpose!
Lastly, he has a new noise: Spitting. He sticks his tounge out and lets it fly. Oh god, its so cute. I mean, truly precious. There is a picture way below. Its like an exaggerated, elongated lisp, if that makes sense. Like a soft donald duck impression. God, i love this boy.
Lily update:
This girl just kills me! This morning, she pops her head in and says "I don't help people because I'm a mean pirate. Argh!" lol. Right now, she has a furry purple princess crown on. She told Colin he had to be the Prince because Princesses are girls and Colin is not a girl. She insists she will be a Princess when she grows up. Last week, it was a firefighter. This week, Princess and A Ballerina ("because those are beautiful things"). She does "Grand Jete's" all over my living room (she learned that from TV). Also beautiful are her shoes. She will no longer wear crocs because they are "not beautiful!" Gah.
Colin is starting to really get into Lily. She loves for me to put on music on the computer and she dances around and Colin sits in his exersaucer and laughs and giggles. Right now, we are listening to Funkytown, which is both my kid's favorite song. I must know every beat by now, but it makes them both quiet, so I guess its my favorite song too.
What have we been up to:
This week has been kind of low-key. We went to visit my grandparents earlier this week. My dad took Lily to his pier to feed the fish. I'm not a big fan of catfish, I think its creepy that they have whiskers and no scales, but Lily loved them!
Lily's favorite exhibit -- the dentist. I think we need to take her, huh?
Playing bongos. She said she was in Hawaii, but this is an African exhibit. Close enough.
Colin's sweet purring lips in spit-mode

Lily played newscaster. Surprisingly, she was really good at it. "Well, we are at EdVenture. This is a kids museum..." I wish I had it on tape!
At the water feature outside :)
2 Comments:
At Fri Jun 26, 04:43:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Love the "report" and the pic's!!!
M
At Sat Jun 27, 06:32:00 PM 2009,
Amy said…
Gabe can go about a week without pooping and the MD said it is completely normal. Love the pics and the update.
Post a Comment
<< Home