Summer is so much fun! Saturday, we spent all day with Beth and her family, enjoying her pool.
This is what Lily thinks of Adult Swim:

Mr Colin actually naps in my solarveil swim carrier. He didn't care for adult swim either because I got out to take pictures

Colin has been doing something funny for about a week, maybe longer, but I wasn't sure how intentional it was. If I lay something in front of him that he wants, he buries his head in the ground and the pushes really hard with his legs until his head pops up a few inches away. This weekend, Beth and I studied him closely and we both agree that he is intentionally scooting. His aim still kinda sucks, but he is moving forward! We have a WIC and a Dr appointment this week, so I can't wait to see how much he weighs. We are firmly in 6-9 month clothes now.
Anyway, after the pool on Saturday, Beth let me take some pictures of her and family (posted on my flickr, see photography link on the right) and we got some awesome shots. Afterwards, we went to a countrified ice cream parlor with live music and indulged in some soft serve. Lily told me afterwards "I like that ice cream place, that was a wonderful surprise." She also talked about the lady who got up to sing and what a beautiful voice she had. She asked if that lady's voice matched hers and I told her yes, of course it did, Lily has a lovely singing voice. In fact, her favorite thing to do at my mom's is to swing on her belly on the swingset and sing at the top of her lungs. She particularly likes a song from YoGabbaGabba called "keep trying." Oh and the Kidz-Bop version of Funkytown. If I play in the car, both kids will immediately get quiet, without fail. I hate the freakin' song, but it makes the baby stop crying, so hopefully it'll work forever that way!
My favorite picture so far of Beth and LC:
4 Comments:
At Sun Jun 14, 09:02:00 PM 2009,
Mommy Toy said…
Lora...that picture is AMAZING. Seriously. One of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. I went to your Flickr page and looked at it large and it's gorgeous.
At Mon Jun 15, 01:48:00 AM 2009,
CAGB said…
I looked through your photos a few minutes ago - they are amazing! It looks like you have a special ability to capture emotions on film. Good work!
At Mon Jun 15, 08:37:00 AM 2009,
Leslie said…
That first picture of Lily looking perturbed is classic. And that last one of Beth and LC should be in a magazine!
At Mon Jun 15, 07:20:00 PM 2009,
Avery & Hailey said…
Your pictures are beautiful! You are really doing well with your photography. I agree with Leslie, that one could be in a magazine. Check out my buddy Amy's blog. She started out like you and you guys could probably exchange some ideas, etc. http://makingaphotograph.blogspot.com/
Love that picture of Lily!
Post a Comment
<< Home