Small Updates
I've been so terrible keeping up with this blog lately! My apologies :)

Life has gotten, well, different. The kids are still doing great, but now that we've gotten past the newborn stage, we've found a new challenge: sleep. I kept Colin up too late on Saturday and I've paid the price ever since. He has not really stopped crying for like 3 days. My friend Beth helped me to figure out that its like a sleep deficit and he needed to be caught up. I have done basically everything I can think of to get us there. It's coming. We made good progress yesterday at Beth's house, when I wore Colin through 2 naps, one of which was 3 hours. Today, my goal was to get him down as quickly as possible before overtiredness truly set in.

It was a fierce battle. Woman on Man. Mom on Baby. It took a long time, seemingly an eternity. But we got there! With the help of a head rest (like the kind for a carseat), a sleep positioner, a scented heated beanbag (laid on his tummy bc I know he likes my hand there), lots of blankets, an Ocean Sounds cd (kill me now.), a pacifier and about 10 minutes of patting his butt -- I finally got the crying baby to sleep about an hour and a half after he first woke. Here's the best part -- he's sleeping in his crib! We cosleep in my bed at night, but I had no where to really put him during the day. He has been sleeping the swing most days and he has all but outgrown his bassinett. Since his crib is in Lily's room, I've been hesitant to put him in there, but Lily seems okay with it for now. We shall see...

As for my sweet girl, she continues to be so sweet. Whiny, but sweet. I saw her hug a younger child that hit her the other day (the younger child was not really malicious, just frustrated I think), but I was impressed with Lily's reaction. She told the child that it wasn't nice to hit and then hugged her. I almost cried right then and there. Definately a proud Mommy moment.
She is now super interested in learning and I hope to take advantage of it. We played "What doeso not belong" at Beth's house with flash cards yesterday and Lily ate it up. I plan on going to a learning store sometime soon and stocking up with things for Lily. I'd love to use Colin's naptime as our learning time.

As for me, I'm still stuck on photography and photoediting and am enjoying msyelf immensely. My new hobby has been a great release for me. I do fear, however, that the PPD (post partum depression) may be creeping back in. I had it after Lily and it finally abated after I went back to work and started taking medicine. I love my life and my family, but I do not want depression to rob me or my children from giving my best. I will have to do some soul searching and decide if antidepressants are what I want right now. My big concern is breastfeeding, so I think I'll do more research before deciding, as my previous medicine isn't highly recommended. Argh. We shall see on that too, I guess.
So there's the update on our family. For today, we are all okay and doing well!

Life has gotten, well, different. The kids are still doing great, but now that we've gotten past the newborn stage, we've found a new challenge: sleep. I kept Colin up too late on Saturday and I've paid the price ever since. He has not really stopped crying for like 3 days. My friend Beth helped me to figure out that its like a sleep deficit and he needed to be caught up. I have done basically everything I can think of to get us there. It's coming. We made good progress yesterday at Beth's house, when I wore Colin through 2 naps, one of which was 3 hours. Today, my goal was to get him down as quickly as possible before overtiredness truly set in.

It was a fierce battle. Woman on Man. Mom on Baby. It took a long time, seemingly an eternity. But we got there! With the help of a head rest (like the kind for a carseat), a sleep positioner, a scented heated beanbag (laid on his tummy bc I know he likes my hand there), lots of blankets, an Ocean Sounds cd (kill me now.), a pacifier and about 10 minutes of patting his butt -- I finally got the crying baby to sleep about an hour and a half after he first woke. Here's the best part -- he's sleeping in his crib! We cosleep in my bed at night, but I had no where to really put him during the day. He has been sleeping the swing most days and he has all but outgrown his bassinett. Since his crib is in Lily's room, I've been hesitant to put him in there, but Lily seems okay with it for now. We shall see...

As for my sweet girl, she continues to be so sweet. Whiny, but sweet. I saw her hug a younger child that hit her the other day (the younger child was not really malicious, just frustrated I think), but I was impressed with Lily's reaction. She told the child that it wasn't nice to hit and then hugged her. I almost cried right then and there. Definately a proud Mommy moment.
She is now super interested in learning and I hope to take advantage of it. We played "What doeso not belong" at Beth's house with flash cards yesterday and Lily ate it up. I plan on going to a learning store sometime soon and stocking up with things for Lily. I'd love to use Colin's naptime as our learning time.

As for me, I'm still stuck on photography and photoediting and am enjoying msyelf immensely. My new hobby has been a great release for me. I do fear, however, that the PPD (post partum depression) may be creeping back in. I had it after Lily and it finally abated after I went back to work and started taking medicine. I love my life and my family, but I do not want depression to rob me or my children from giving my best. I will have to do some soul searching and decide if antidepressants are what I want right now. My big concern is breastfeeding, so I think I'll do more research before deciding, as my previous medicine isn't highly recommended. Argh. We shall see on that too, I guess.
So there's the update on our family. For today, we are all okay and doing well!
4 Comments:
At Thu May 21, 04:12:00 PM 2009,
Amy said…
Yay for a napping baby! The pics are gorgeous as always...
At Mon May 25, 02:55:00 PM 2009,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Lily looks like an angel in those pics. Well done, Lora!
I'm glad Colin is napping better.
At Wed May 27, 09:18:00 AM 2009,
Jenny said…
Your kids are simply beautiful. And Lily looks already so smart! Her hugging the little mean girl is super sweet.
Ich wünsche dir viel Glück und Stärke. Du schaffst das, und ich freue mich schon sehr dich wiederzusehen!
At Thu May 28, 08:20:00 AM 2009,
Hayden and Landon's Mommy said…
Hi Lora...I am a friend of Amy's (Andrew and Zachary's mommy) and LOVE the photos that you have been taking recently. I am curious as to what Photoshop program you are using?
Post a Comment
<< Home