Monday, April 06, 2009

Sunny Day in the Backyard

I think I have forgotten to mention what all Colin is up to at 6 weeks. He really likes making "g" sounds and from day one, when he was hungry, has yelled 'gaaay!" or having gas pain "gee!" -- but his new sound is from when he is talking to me -- he says "n-goo". Oh my gosh, he just melts me when he talks to me.

His other favorite thing to do is be upright. He loves to stand up, just like Lily at that age. He fully supports his own weight, I just have to hang on to him because he lacks balance. His head control is awesome too, we have never needed to support his head. I'm thinking he's gonna develop much along the same lines as his sister -- super duper fast. Maybe even too fast for my liking, as he is my last baby and I'd prefer he act like one for at least a bit longer.


So, Springtime has Sprung, as the saying goes. Lily's grandma sent her home with a chrysalis - a caterpillar hanging from the top of a cage thingy that currently resides in our kitchen - that we are told will turn into a butterfly soon. We have these amazing flowers in our backyard that only bloom in early April (anyone know what they are?!) that were planted by Devin's grandmother a long time ago. They bloom every year and they turn our yard into a spectacular garden. We took a little fieldtrip today to the backyard to enjoy the sunny day.




5 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 07, 08:14:00 AM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    Beautiful! (But I can't help you with the name of the flowers. My green thumb is nonexistent).

     
  • At Tue Apr 07, 12:39:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Melissa said…

    Your pictures are great! and so are your kids! and that flower shadow on Collin's head!

     
  • At Tue Apr 07, 06:06:00 PM 2009, Blogger Amy said…

    I love all of the colors in these pics. So vivid.

     
  • At Wed Apr 08, 03:12:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Aunt Carol said…

    I love the photos, but I leave your blog with tears in my eyes every time, especially since you added music, because I'm missing Colin's babyhood and I miss Lily. I'm just going to have to ditch all my work and come see them!

    I think the white flowers are lily of the valley and the blue ones are what we called bluebells. Google under images "bluebells" and see if that's not what they are. Can't tell for sure from the photos. Note that they would have been planted nearly 50 years ago!

     
  • At Sun Apr 19, 09:59:00 AM 2009, Blogger Julie R. said…

    These are the best pics you've ever taken. Love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home