Hot Hot Heat
Those of you old-school DiscoveryPlace fans will be sad to note that they took out the touch-and-feel Aquarium, where the kids could reach into the water and hold starfishes (OMG, i just wrote STARFISHES?! Okay, 4 month old nightwaking has now hit a fever pitch and poor grammar must be the result) and horseshoe crabs. The good news is that they added an exhibit on poop. Yes, fecal matter. This is Sam and I'm pretty sure that is Camel Poop. It could be Zebra poop because they had that too. 'Tis good to know if we were lost in the desert, our kids could readily identify the scat of large, foreign animals.
Leslie and I both noticed how both of our kids gravitated to the things that bored us the most -- engineering stuff. They liked this gravelly stuff that looked like kitty litter and then a bunch of plain wooden blocks. These smarty pants are cheap dates. Next time, we may skip DiscoveryPlace and head straight to walmart.
(Btw, they totally didn't build that. They did, however, try and huff and puff and blow it down, sine we wouldn't allow them to knock it over with their hands)
5 Comments:
At Fri Jun 19, 07:50:00 PM 2009,
Rudy said…
A poop exhibit... c'mon! That is just... nasty. Glad they had fun. Colin is positively adorable. I love me some baby chub. It is, after all, nonexistent at my house. :)
At Fri Jun 19, 08:05:00 PM 2009,
Rachel said…
I miss Discovery Place. And I think the poop exhibit is great! I know my boys would love it. :)
At Fri Jun 19, 10:46:00 PM 2009,
Melissa said…
BUT is the giant stuffed bear still there?!
At Sat Jun 20, 08:24:00 AM 2009,
Lora said…
Actually no! They have the little bears, but the giant, scary one was MIA too. Bastards.
At Sat Jun 20, 04:23:00 PM 2009,
Sarah (aka Mom) said…
I LOVED THAT BEAR!!! Those bastards. If you guys ever go again we want to go! I love Discovery Place.
Post a Comment
<< Home