Monday, August 03, 2009

Short Post


Again, nothing exciting. A lot of not sleeping going on over here. I broke down and gave my non-pooping (day 12) boy some pears. He loved the first half, spat out the 2nd half, and then proceeded to not poo for 2 more days. I'm giving up on food for now. We'll wait a bit longer, maybe when he can sit up unassisted. He actually can tripod for a long time, but its not solid yet. Here's a picture of his first meal, other than mama's milk. Note the pear mush around his sweet lips :)



Basically, I've decided to let him taste a bunch of different stuff and see what happens. So far, he has licked or sucked on oranges, bananas, ice cubes, and an apple. He makes terrible faces, but always reaches back for more. I love this reaching age where I can hand him stuff. He's got great hand/eye coordination!

Lily and I started doing homeschool preschool, since we can't afford the real thing. So far, so good. This is week one, where we focus on the letter A, number 1, Square shape, and our theme is cows. We have vocabulary words in both English and German relating to cows (my favorite thing that Germans yell at bad drivers is "Du bloede Kuh!" which means "you really bad cow!")


She's finally started drawing things other than just circles and scribbles. Our latest and greatest is this "really long car" (her title, not mine)


This week, we've also been blessed enough to spend some time wiht family. Below is Colin, Devin, Uncle John, Lily, Grandaddy Dan, Aunt Carol, Great Aunt Ruth and Great Uncle Elbert. Elbert is Dan and Carol's Uncle and he and his wife live in Columbia. They are actually really fascinating, because Elbert and Ruth are both doctors. I love the idea of a woman going to college and becoming a doctor in the mid-forties.

I really stink at updates lately, so bear with me. I have been waiting for about 3 weeks for my first "real" client to go into labor and she is terribly over due (as of today, she is 42 weeks and 2 days). I am terrified that I'll miss the birth, so please pray that all goes well for everyone involved.

Also, if you haven't done is yet, bop on over to Rachel's page and meet baby Judah. Congrats Rachel and Stan!

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 05, 12:00:00 PM 2009, Blogger Blog by Mariechen said…

    Since it is mid-week already, client needs to schedule her body for the weekend:) (I am just a little selfish here) MoM

     
  • At Thu Aug 06, 01:12:00 PM 2009, Anonymous jenny said…

    Du blöde Kuh!? Ahaha.. crazy girls.

     
  • At Thu Aug 06, 05:51:00 PM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    Colin is such a happy boy! I love his big grins. And Lily continues to make me smile with everything she says and does. How is she liking homeschool preschool?

    Wow....42 weeks and 2 days. Your friend is amazing. I was pulling my hair out at 40 weeks and 1 day.

     
  • At Thu Aug 06, 07:38:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Life is busy! I hope you don't miss the birth.

    I could eat Colin all up! He is stinkin cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home