Fall

Colin echoes every sound we make these days! He regularly babbles nice sounds like baba, gaga, lala, yaya, dada, mama, etc, but its funny when he imitates. He says "thissssthy" when I say "sissy" and my favorite is "A-dah!" when we're "all done!" I don't think he knows the meaning, but I love his imitation. His favorite thing to do when he sees people is to smack his lips at them and then he gets all kinds of excited when they do it back. It makes smooching lots of fun :)
Lily is at an awesome age right now, she keeps me on my toes! She loves doing head stands on the couch and jump off her bed and dive bomb onto the floor. She is very into clothing right now -- she was angry when I put her jeans on the other day. She said "These jeans look horrible on me!" and then yesterday when I put on her sweater, she dissolved in tears and said "But I don't LIKE stripes!!!"
She is always engaged in some sort of play, her imagination fascinates me. She comes up very elaborate setups and plays hardcore. She is still sooooo good to her brother. She says all the time "I love my little brother" and she means it. She takes good care of him. Tonight, she even helped feed him his dinner (well, and she ate half of it too, because who can resist blueberries and apple babyfood?).
We spent last Saturday, walking with friends in McDowell Park
I really should refrain from blogging at the end of the day. I always think of so many things to say and then when I sit down to type, nothing comes. The point of this blog is to help me remember all the subtleties of my kid's life and I can't even remember them day-to-day, it seems. Hoping the lack of sleep subsides and the memory starts to retun!
Tomorrow, I am having my picture taken (scary, since I'm not photogenic at ALL) for a campaign called NIN, which stands for Nursing is Normal. I will be taking it in downtown Charlotte, nursing my son, at the corner of Trade and Tryon in front of a statue of a barebreasted woman holding up her baby. The statue is titled City of the Future of something like that. I hope the future holds a place where my daughter can nurse her children wherever she pleases, without fear of judgement or ogling. I experienced such a freedom in Germany of nursing my son wherever I pleased, without anyone so much as blinking. Anyway, wish me luck that it goes well and I don't have too many chins in the picture!
Also, if you're bored, cruise on over to my photography blog. I made a montage of the last birth I attended and I love it. I made myself cry, haha :)
2 Comments:
At Mon Oct 19, 07:58:00 PM 2009,
Lew said…
Just watched the montage on your photography blog. Loved it!! You are so talented!!
At Mon Oct 19, 08:38:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
LIAR! You are too photogenic!
I do the same thing (waiting until the end of the day to post). I'll even "write" posts in my head during the day, but when nighttime comes, nada.
Your pictures are amazing. I am so happy you've found your niche!
Post a Comment
<< Home