Moving in the Right Direction

Sorry for the lack of posts, I am on our laptop temporarily while we are in the process of moving to our beautiful new abode. Devin and I found a place on the water (lake wylie/catawaba river) about 10 miles away from our old house and fell in love. Since he always jumps in feet first, we signed the lease on a Thursday and moved in on Saturday. We still have a few things to bring over here and lots of cleaning to do on the old place, but the main bulk of the moving is done. Our little condo/townhome thingy is in a complex that is waterfront and super quiet. If the kids are screaming, I can just open my door, look at the lake and take a deep breathe and relax. The house is nice and sunny and has a great layout. Its only two bedrooms, so Colin and Lily are sharing a room, which is working fine for now.
I wish I had a picture of Colin right now, he is growing so fast! He is learning how to pull up to a stand on things (we caught him standing in his crib the other night, after I had laid him on his back), he can sometimes go from a crawl position to a sit, he's scooting pretty well and manages to crawl just a pace or two. He is also utterly exhausted, still after Germany and then our abrupt move. We invested in some darkening shades for the kids' room and are on lockdown this week (staying home), trying to get him back on track and better rested. In other words, Lily is bored out of her mind.
Speaking of Lily, we tried something new this week: Waldorf homeschooling. There is a homeschool coop that meets on Mondays and we went and joined in this past Monday. Since Lily is a very hands-on, creative, romantic child, we thought it would be a good fit. We couldn't stay the whole time this time, but we had a blast. When we first showed up, some of the kiddos had found some mud and totally had a blast. Lily was in heaven!


We have all taken to the move really well and are settling in to our new life here at the lake. We still have a lot of organizing and cleaning to do at the old house and I have a head cold going on that is no fun, but so far, so good. Here's to lots more lake pictures to come!
Happy 21st birthday to my little sister! She took this sweet picture of my kiddos holding hands in the backseat :)

2 Comments:
At Sun Sep 27, 12:05:00 AM 2009,
Carrie said…
It's so nice to have you and Lily (and Colin of course) in the co-op.
And your new home is beautiful! Welcome to the area.
At Wed Sep 30, 11:07:00 PM 2009,
Rachel said…
OK, I'm so dumb about locations...is this the house in Belmont? I can't remember if Belmont is near the lake. Congrats on the house, where ever it is! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside. I'll take (and post) some of my house if you do some of yours! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home