Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Welcome to my 3rd Trimester!

Well, all the books say to enjoy the positive feelings of your 2nd trimester because the third one tends to be tough. When I read that, I remember thinking, "that won't be me, I refuse to be a miserable pregnant lady." I was obviously setting myself up for a BIG lesson in humility. My 3rd trimester has hardly begun and already its wearing on me!

I've been SO tired lately, its getting harder and harder to drag all this new weight around. Then, I had a real shock in the shower yesterday, I found out I have stretch marks on my rear end!!!
I had read repeatedly that stretch marks are genetic and that if your mom didn't get them, you likely will not either. I guess the gene-fairy didn't grant me my wish of being stretch-mark free.

Since I rarely ever look at my own butt, the ones on my backside don't really bother me. Its the thought that now that I have some, the potential for more to invade my hips, tummy, legs, and boobs is on the horizon. I have decided from now on, I will drink more water and lather myself in Burt's Bees baby oil 400 times a day in an attempt to avoid this brutal fate. Wish me luck as I proceed forward in this epic battle!

In other news, I spent last night with my old best friend, Katie Lietzke, from high school. Its amazing how time and distance (she lives in FL) can have so little effect on how you interact with people. We see eachother usually once a year and everytime I see her, we slide right back into the same easy conversation flow we've always had. Its good to have friends like that, ones you know you can always talk to. Ones that will study your backside and your new stretch marks and tell you it really is ok. Ones that still like you even when they know all the skeletons in your closet. Friends are great and I'm lucky to have so many good ones!

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 23, 02:08:00 PM 2005, Blogger Leslie said…

    Congratulations on entering the FINAL TRIMESTER! Yes, it's the hardest one, but it comes with a reward: at the end of it, you get a baby! Just think, Lora, this is the home stretch! A few more weeks of fatigue, and then Lily will be here.

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 03:38:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Baby,
    I still can't believe you are pregnant and she will be here soon;> I am very happy for you both and glad that you are getting the house together. Congrats on the job also. Call me sometime would love to see you before Lily gets here but if I have to wait- I guess I will get to see both of you.
    I love you and miss you,
    Neva

     
  • At Mon Nov 28, 01:55:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's funny how Neva writes an anonymous message and then signs her name at the bottom?? :) She get's the dorkyness from me. I can't wait to see that baby!!

     
  • At Tue Nov 29, 05:57:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes I do get my dorkyness from you;> I must have hit the wrong button- let's see if I can get it right this time. Lora, I can't wait to see you. you look so beautiful all pregnant. Love you,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home