Thursday, March 29, 2007

Easter Bunny Trauma

After last week's bunny disaster at Northlake Mall, I decided that Lily should give the Easter Bunny a final try. Today, Beth and 5 week old Leah Catherine came over to help us hunt down the rabbit. Our initial plan was to go to Southpark to Picture*People to use the rabbit we used last year. Next time, I'll call first because the they closed the store -- for good. Crap. So, then we drove to Carolina*Place to scope out the bunny over there.

Sadly, this time only went mildly better than last. She did wave to him a lot and managed to get close without screaming and even point out some facial features ("Eye?" as she clobbered him through the eye which serves as a breathing screen for the person inside the costume), but the second the got on his lap, sheer terror ensued. The pictures of her alone on the bunny's lap are just depressing, so we pulled in our pinch-hitting prop: An adorable baby!

Leah Catherine was brave and regarded the rabbit with only a modicum of concern. Lily paused in her screaming for only a moment to check out her little pal and the photographer was able to capture a non-screaming picture. Lovely. So, twenty bucks later and here's what we ended up with:
I have to show off some pictures of Leah Catherine that we took before we left the house. Lily loaned Leah Catherine her Easter church dress from last year. I'm telling you, this baby melts my heart. I don't know if it's that she reminds me of Lily as a baby or just the fact that I care so much about Beth, but I really love Leah Catherine! When she smiles at me, I get all teary eyed. I can't help it, I love that baby :)


4 Comments:

  • At Thu Mar 29, 08:19:00 PM 2007, Blogger Meagan said…

    Oh my God!!! Tears are running like freaking buckets right now. Those are some pretty girls (some of my favorite girls). I feel ya Lora about what you wrote in this blog, not being quite sure why you love L.C. or
    your love for Beth, but one thing for darn sure.... it's both. Plus,she's a girl and girls rock. I'm glad that you all found the rabbit. Next Easter the 3 of our girls will venture out to find that rabbit all together. I'm glad that I bought tissue today.... 99 cents at CVS, and I got 4 boxes.

     
  • At Fri Mar 30, 07:03:00 AM 2007, Blogger MommyofTwo said…

    The girls look beautiful!! Banastre is acting the same way right now with anyone in a costume. They are fine as long as they are not close to him! :)

     
  • At Fri Mar 30, 07:54:00 AM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    I love Leah Catherine, too, and I haven't even seen her in person yet! But how could you not love a precious little girl like that?

    I'm glad you were able to get a picture of Lily with the Easter Bunny! That is one cute picture. Lily doesn't look upset at all - just very curious about the baby sitting beside her!

     
  • At Fri Mar 30, 09:26:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    Glad you were able to get a picture with Bunnt!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home