Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Birthday to Remember...

I had the best birthday ever! I'm still in awe because I seriously had a BLAST with Devin and Lily this weekend on our trip to Asheville. Prepare yourself for a plethora of pictures:

Lily took to hotel living like a rock star


After our breakfast from room service, we headed to the Western NC Nature Center to meet up with my old friend, Leslie Call, and her boys, Clive and Van. Leslie was nice enough to take the only picture I have of the three of us :)


Leslie and Clive (Van is on her hip) check out the otter. That thing was adorable, but moved way too fast to capture on film.

Our kids are dangerously close to that cougar. I know there's a glass pane there, but we still got nervous. Lily really liked the "kitty."

Clive really liked the goat. At one point, he picked up some hay to feed the goat and he failed to notice that he had accidentally grabbed some "goat pellets" in the process. We were glad the pen was surrounded in hand sanitizer dispensers ;)

Lily wasn't too sure of petting the beasties at first...

but she warmed up to it quickly!
Two big black bears, enjoying the day. They are playing, I promise!

For those of you who are wondering: Yes, Leslie is still as gorgeous as she was in high school and yes, her children really are as cute in person as they are in pictures. I'm so glad we finally got to see eachother after all these years -- and I'm so glad she could be part of my birthday. Thanks, Leslie!

Clive liked the slide, but Lily and Van both cried going down


The one year olds get aquainted


Leslie's gorgeous boys



On our way out, this peacock was nice enough to show us his feathers


After we left the nature center, we went to eat at Tupelo Honey where Devin and Lily colored a message on the table for me:


After lunch, we headed out to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I really love the NC mountains, especially in the Spring time!


Devin and I pulled over to have an Easter Egg Hunt for Lily in the woods. She got the hang of the game very quickly!


Daddy helped her pick some flowers...


And she got a chance to exercise her legs before we headed home



On the way down the mountain, we had to stop and enjoy a waterfall. Lily was excited to see such a large and noisy puddle

I can't brag on Devin enough, he did an awesome job in making this birthday one of my most memorable yet. Thank you to everyone who sent their warm birthday wishes. I've heard from several sources that 2007 is supposed to be a lucky year for everyone and I can honestly say that mine has started off wonderfully!

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 05, 10:23:00 AM 2007, Blogger CAGB said…

    What an awesome collection of pictures! Love the bears! Happy Birthday!

    PS - blog is now:
    http://www.baylyfamily.blogspot.com/

     
  • At Thu Apr 05, 12:25:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Happy Birthday! Devin did such a great job. I am glad you had a fabulous time - you deserve it!

     
  • At Thu Apr 05, 09:03:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness! That sounds wonderful!! Every moment sounds like it was out of a story book, it just kept getting better and better! You sound like you had a fantastic time AND you got fantastic pictures for us all to share, score!! Devin deserves a super big thumbs up for planning something so wonderful. Happy birthday to you and smooches to Lily!

     
  • At Fri Apr 06, 08:34:00 AM 2007, Blogger Rudy said…

    For some reason... I dont think you posted NEARLY enough pictures :) Hehe... I really enjoyed looking at them all and your family picture is so sweet! Glad you had a good birthday and give Devin some extra lovins for making your birthday super special! Glad you had fun!

     
  • At Mon Apr 09, 02:05:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    What a fabulous birthday present! Lucky you!

     
  • At Mon Apr 09, 05:11:00 PM 2007, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    Oh Lora, I feel so awful ... I missed your Bday. Happy belated Bday!!! It looks like it was FABULOUS! What a great time. And of course, Lily just gets cuter and cuter and smarter and smarter!!! Very cute. :) -TK

     

Post a Comment

<< Home