Thursday, November 20, 2008

Malpractice? LOL

So, today's appointment started out routine...

The doctor listened to the heartbeat, I drank my terrible glucose drink (if I ever do this again, remind me that Orange is good, Fruit Punch is BAD), fed Lily M&M's to keep her satiated for the hour wait, got my blood drawn for the Gestational Diabetes test and then it was time for my Rhogam shot. For those of you who don't know, women with blood type O neg who are pregnant with a fetus of a different blood type (Devin is O positive, so this one will be too) have to get a Rhogam shot during pregnancy and then again, following birth. So, it hurt, but it was fine.

I get to work and receive a frantic call from Office Manager at OB's office -- they have given me the wrong injection. My ass was shot full of penicillan, instead of Rhogam. I will have to go back Monday to get the medicine that I was supposed to get. I'm not allergic, so its no big deal, but thank God it wasn't something weirder or harmful. So, tonight, I sleep with a sore butt and make a note to myself to make sure to check all needles that inject my body from now on.

To be clear, I love my OB's office, the nurse and the staff -- this was an honest mistake., so its all good. Its just random enough to be part of my day.

Oh, and tomorrow's my last day at work! WOOHOO!

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 20, 10:02:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH.MY.WORD. I got nothing.

    But you look great! And tomorrow is your last day! Wow, time flies.

     
  • At Fri Nov 21, 09:17:00 AM 2008, Blogger CAGB said…

    Wow. Wow. That's terrifying. Every office messes up, and I don't hate on honest mistakes. But, thank goodness you are ok.

     
  • At Mon Dec 01, 01:25:00 PM 2008, Blogger Julie R. said…

    OMG. Scary. Ella is allergic, so thanks for the headsup. I'll make sure I double check the next time she gets an injection.

    I'm a RhoGam girl myself. A-. I love being negative, it's so me. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home