Turkeys
For my first official day out of work, I have to say I did pretty darn good. I did a ton of housecleaning, organizing and bill paying (feels SO good to pay an entire credit card instead of daycare for one week). After my productivity spurt, Lily and I headed to see friends Sarah and Aidan. The mommies devised a brilliant plan to entertain the small people, with supplies including some pinecones, glitter and construction paper.
Behold:
We traced the kids hands onto 3 different color pieces of paper (feathers) and then traced one foot from each kid to become the head of the turkey.
Add glue to hand/feather things and apply glitter liberally
Closeup of glittery hand/feather things
The finished product (drying):
Followed by cookies for a job well done
Yes, I'm Suzy freaking homemaker and I'm loving it!
2 Comments:
At Tue Nov 25, 10:01:00 AM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Lily is nicely biting the cookie while my child shoves the WHOLE thing in his mouth. Lovely manners huh? Takes after his daddy!
At Sat Nov 29, 09:44:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
UH! I'm so jealous! I wish I could have crafty ideas like that. How neat!
Post a Comment
<< Home