
Not sure where we're headed, but things are definately getting better. I am turning the long, drawn-out, somewhat painful corner with the breastfeeding. While I no longer shout obscentities at every feeding, I'm still alternately pumping and nursing, depending on how sore I am. I'm lucky to have so much support with the nursing thing, because I'm tellin' ya -- there are moments where I'm totally ready to throw in the towel. I'm glad its getting better though, I'm gonna keep hanging on.
I took Colin to the pediatrician on Monday (was it Monday?) for a weight check and he was up to 9 lbs 7 ounces. I am convinced that 3 of those ounces came from the bottle he had minutes before in the waiting room, but still...that's a big jump! My little guy never wore newborn diapers and even missed out on wearing a couple of clothes!
I managed to make it back to the OB's office today, as it seems I have contracted a lovely brand of UTI that doesn't respond to the first round of antibiotics I took. Here's hoping the new ones works!
Lily is still hanging in there, poor gal. Today, she explored the wonders of play-doh. She looks so big to me now. I'm actually mourning her babyhood now too, as she is a full-fledged big girl now. Also, the hormones are raging over here -- I cry at every commercial and even stupid episodes of WithoutATrace that come on in the middle of the night. Its getting out of hand.
Thank you again to my food fairies this week! You guys have been lifesavers!!!! Thank you, Leslie, for organizing that -- it has been wonderful!
7 Comments:
At Thu Feb 26, 08:31:00 PM 2009,
Unknown said…
Gosh Lora... stop copying me! If you are really going to copy me just jump to the urologist now so you feel better faster than the 3.5 weeks I have had this crap. Mmm kay? Glad you are starting to adjust better. I love the pic of everyone sleeping. SO sweet. Love you girl.
At Thu Feb 26, 08:40:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
I hope the UTI goes away fast, the messed up thing is that you can't take those AZO tablets. Breastfeeding, I agree is just down right crazy, how can something be so good be so frustrating all at the same time? All I can say is just hang in there and do the best that you can do. The support helps which you do have from all of us. We are rooting for you all the way. Colin is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable. I can just eat him up. Lily is so sweet and she is being a trooper in all of this new life of hers. You have awesome kids. Just know that we ALL love you and if you need us, well you know how to get in touch!! Love, Meagan
At Fri Feb 27, 02:59:00 AM 2009,
CAGB said…
Great work - keep it up! The kids look beautiful - Colin is so handsome. :o)
At Fri Feb 27, 02:22:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Oh! That picture of Colin is so precious!
I'm very sorry to hear about the UTI. Those things are of the devil. Here's hoping you get some relief from that and SOON.
At Fri Feb 27, 10:40:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Colin is HANDSOME!!!
Ooooh I can't wait to meet him :)
Congrats on the breastfeeding...when he's 3 months, breastfeeding will be an old hat.
At Sat Feb 28, 08:10:00 AM 2009,
Avery & Hailey said…
Keep hanging in there. I felt like you do almost four months ago. Phew!
Colin is precious!
At Sun Mar 01, 10:01:00 AM 2009,
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful family! Love the picture, so peaceful.
Hang in there. You are doing great!
Post a Comment
<< Home