Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One Week Old Today


And what a week it has been...


Being overwhelmed is definately now a regular part of my day. Between the hormones, sleep deprivation, lovely urinary tract infection, and general healing after childbirth, I am a hot mess. Today was my second day home with both kids and it went well for the most part. I have to say, I feel really sorry for Lily, she is bored out of her mind. I gave her a new toy that I hid for a day like today and it helped for a few hours. Devin came home and took her with him to the childwatch at his gym while he worked out, just to give her something different to do. Thank God for Devin and his infinite patience -- both for Lily and myself. Lily has been a little more stubborn lately and he definately keeps in her line as well as entertains her. Actually, its been really neat to watch their relationship grow and change lately. She is totally becoming a Daddy's girl and they both seem newly smitten with one another.


I have managed to leave my house twice, once this past saturday to attend Leah Catherine's 2nd Birthday party at Gymboree (Lily had a blast there!) and then last night to hit a meeting (free therapy! woohoo!). I am trying to slowly work up to more outings, as well as more housework. My Mom did a deep clean this weekend, so I just have maintenance stuff to do, mostly. Well, not including washing the sheets that Colin submerged in vomit this morning.


I know I sound overtired and cranky and I definately am -- but I'm also really enjoying Colin as a tiny baby. He is so cute and I love watching the way he looks at the world, completely mystified. Lily is still being the most amazing big sister. She comes by every few minutes, it seems, to hug and kiss on him. Right now, he is asleep in his bouncer and she is explaining to him how all the hanging things work. She just said "He is my favorite brother."




4 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 24, 08:40:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We were so glad you came this weekend and can't wait to see you tomorrow. You're doing great!!

     
  • At Wed Feb 25, 07:54:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to meet Colin and see everyone this weekend! You can start getting Lily excited for that because I think Dad wants to take her down to visit my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Elbert in Columbia and go to the zoo or "Edventure", whatever that is. Either way, it will be an all day thing that will be LOTS of fun. :)

     
  • At Wed Feb 25, 07:57:00 AM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    Ooooh, Edventure would be awesome! And they're having a Curious George exhibit right now!

    Beth is right -- even though it may not feel like it at times, you are doing great. You're only a week removed from Colin's removal, and you've already taken the initiative to get out of the house, start going places, etc. Just further proof that you're a rock star!

    Also, would you like us to invade your house next Monday or Wednesday? I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind occupying Lily's time. :)

     
  • At Wed Feb 25, 09:56:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear that ya'll are hanging in there :) I so wish we weren't sick :(
    Call me if ya want :)
    Did I use enough smilies?! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home