Day 2 at Home -- Much Better

So last night went way more smoothly than the first night home. Colin slept from midnight to 4 am and then from 5 am to a little after 8 am. Both Devin and I are way better rested today! I'm still really tired and am having trouble really falling into a good routine. I will tell you that it was the sweetest sight to wake up and see Devin resting next to our tiny son. Such cute boys in my bed!
As far as Lily goes, she has been adjusting really wonderfully. I have to say that I miss the heck out of her. I am used to her needing me and being with me all the time, but she has been very content to be entertained by everyone else this week. She seems to just not be that interested in me right now, although she loves to come and help out with baby Colin once in a while, its more like a "visit" and less like parenting. I'm loving that Lily is getting to spend so much quality time with her Dad doing fun things (they are lovin an indoor playground lately), but I still feel like I've lost something somehow or that I'm not able to do it all. I'm hoping once we find a good routine, I will have my big baby back.
I am very worried about Monday, when Devin goes back to work and I'm here with 2 kids alone. Luckily, I have some awesome friends who are helping out in the food department as well as awesome family who are helping out in the kid department, so that is really comforting! Devin's Mom left this morning and I am heartbroken to see her go, she has been awesome! My Mom has volunteered to stay the night and help, thank the Lord. All in all, we are settling in okay, just trying to get used to more multitasking but I'm guessing it will come in time. I've gotten some awesome support with the nursing issue, which is really helping. I'm so lucky to have the encouragement from friends and family to make it through this rough first part.
3 Comments:
At Sat Feb 21, 12:03:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
I think that in a way, something is lost when baby #2 arrives... but it is replaced with something just as grand, if not, moreso.
Now you get too see Lily as a big sister and she will really start to seem older to you. More independent.
I feel the same way. I find myself going into Piper's room some nights willing her to stir so she will come to our bed.
Once you find your groove, you will forget what it was like with just one and you won't believe that you ever had a doubt.
At Sat Feb 21, 12:55:00 PM 2009,
Unknown said…
That "visitor" feeling will only last a few days. Kolt did the same exact thing. He did not want much to do with me for 3 or 4 days and then he just got used to the idea of sharing me and now thinks he better share or he won't have any time with me. lol. But I cried for a couple days because he really didn't acknowledge me at all. So glad last night was better for you.
At Sun Feb 22, 12:06:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
I'm so sadistic. I just love pictures of them crying like that. They look so funny when they're that angry. Can you imagine what he's thinking? "WHERE THE HELL AM I? Where is my old house??"
I think the fact that Lily just "isn't that into you" right now is a testament to what a good mother you are. :) She's secure enough in your relationship to know that you two are the same as you've always been -- you just need some time to devote to Colin right now. Lily's incredibly smart, and I'm sure she senses that. Plus, I'm sure she's enjoying some Daddy time, Grandma time (what does she call your mom?), and Aunt Melissa time.
Post a Comment
<< Home