Progress!
So, I had another NST today (monitoring session) and baby is doing fine, jumping around as usual. Lily racked up on the lollipop and fruit front, so nothing out of the ordinary there. Only thing that is different this time is... I am 3 cm dilated! Woohoo for cervical change! Dr Morris also stripped my membranes, which means he separated a bit of the amniotic sac from my uterus (i think?) -- anyway, the point of it all is that it stimulates the release of prostoglandins, which stimulate contractions. After he did it, I had one big contraction and was immediately reminded of how much I'm dreading the pain. I have no pain tolerance at all and actually kind of scared myself there for a second, thinking about what is to come. So, I called my doula and let me tell you, she rocks. She reminded me that this is not last time, things are a whole lot different and that I need to reframe my idea of the pain -- as actually moving forward with labor, not just random pain. We had a good conversation and I'm feeling better.
So, here I sit, bags packed and ready to see if anything fun will happen today.
If not, we went ahead and scheduled an induction for a week from today, Thursday the 19th. One way or another, this kid will be coming out in the next week or so (we hope!). I have to tell you, I'm pretty darn nervous and just a bit sad.
Lily and I are on our way to the park with friends, so I will probably update this post with pics later!
So, here I sit, bags packed and ready to see if anything fun will happen today.
If not, we went ahead and scheduled an induction for a week from today, Thursday the 19th. One way or another, this kid will be coming out in the next week or so (we hope!). I have to tell you, I'm pretty darn nervous and just a bit sad.
Lily and I are on our way to the park with friends, so I will probably update this post with pics later!
3 Comments:
At Thu Feb 12, 05:38:00 PM 2009,
Amy said…
Awesome! Maybe you will have baby Colin tonight:)
At Fri Feb 13, 07:13:00 AM 2009,
Leslie said…
Woohoo! Ten years ago, did you ever think cervical change could be so exciting?
I've heard stripping membranes hurts, too! Poor Lora....you had quite a day yesterday! I'm hoping Colin makes up for his prolonged stay by having a fast and easy delivery!
At Fri Feb 13, 03:19:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
sooo...where is the update? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home