Stopping By Woods On A Snowy...Morning....sort of.
In other news, I'm starting to feel better, so I think that magic tea is working. I don't want to jinx it though. I'm still tired as all get out, but that could be because I'm full term. We'll have to wait and see, but hopefully I beat this cold-thingy before it got off and running! Here's hoping it doesn't snow tomorrow because I have an important dentist appointment!
Okay, this is totally off-topic, but I feel like I should note this somewhere on my blog. Those of you who know me well, understand that I have the memory of an insect, so when asked for any specifics regarding my child, I casually suggest checking my blog. Anyway, my friend Beth has started the journey towards potty-training her little one and I realized that I have been terribly bad at recording Lily's journey and I feel I should write it down because I will surely want to reference myself for when Colin's time comes. It was not an overnight process at all, in fact, I feel like its taken about half a year to get through the entire thing.
We started as soon as she got into the 2 year old room at school (this summer?). They put her on the potty every hour or two and she started wearing pullups to make that process easier. Eventually, when she was dry during naps and dry all day, using the potty appropriately, we switched to undies during the day and pullups at night. Lily ended up staying dry most nights and I ran out of pullups and ended up putting her in underwear at night, limiting fluids after dinner, and putting a waterproof pad on the bed. She has been sleeping without pullups for months and months, although I can't recall when that started.
Lily is now completely and totally done with potty learning. The last "stage," per se, was waking up at night to use the bathroom on her own, which she has been doing for about a month or so, it seems. Its really nice to have a kid that requires little to no help with anything bathroom-related. Once in a while, we have an accident where we don't make it in time (i get threatened with "i'm gonna pee in my pants!" at least once a week and at least once -- at Goodwill -- the threat materialized). All that said, I wonder how much will change when Colin arrives. Will Lily still be as self-sufficient or will she regress like so many kids seem to? Wish us luck, because I really only want one kid in diapers at a time!
3 Comments:
At Wed Feb 04, 03:19:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
You are a much better blogger than I am! Look at you with your snow pics already up! I am ashamed of my blogging incompetence.
At Wed Feb 04, 03:20:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
(And of course, Lily looks tres chic in her pink and brown jacket). ;) I'm glad to see snow boots go on the outside of pants. I had no idea what to do with Sam's, so I put them on the outside of his pants, too!
Glad you're feeling better!
At Wed Feb 04, 09:21:00 PM 2009,
CAGB said…
These are gorgeous pictures. Happy birthday to Lily, and I can't wait to see new baby Colin!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home