39 Weeks Today
I am 39 weeks exactly today and nothing has really changed. I went to my weekly OB appointment, where Lily got 2 suckers (no fruit, phlebotomist was busy) and my Dr reached up to my throat to check me for dilation. Apparently, there has been no cervical change to note, I'm still around 1 cm and the baby, although lower, has not fully descended into the pelvis. No real worries there, that can happen in a really short time span. I've also not really gained weight in the past 3 weeks, but really, that is a good thing for me. If I told you how much I weighed right now, you'd never believe it. There was a point in my not-so-distant past where I weighed approximately half of what I do now. Don't ask me, but I'm sure you can do the math, if you're clever.
39 Week Belly Shot
The really big change is just how crappy I've been feeling. My throat has been really bothering me and Lily and I are both pretty congested. Its really bad timing, darnit. My doula suggested some hot tea with garlic, lemon and honey and I've been drinking it in mason jars, so I get tons. I brewed the tea with spearmint and echinacea for double insurance and have been resting all day yesterday and today. It seems to be working because tonight, I actually felt well enough to make my birth plan. Although I'd like to remain flexible, I definately have some different ideas of what I want this time (and what I don't want). Even Devin read over it and had some comments (and grammar suggestings, grrr). I'm really glad he wants to be more involved this time, I think that's really cool. Its not that he didn't want to be involved last time, but I'm just not sure he knew how. This time, with past experience and our doula's guidance, we may have a better handle on what to expect and what our options are, and that alone is pretty comforting.
I'm guessing I'm gonna lay low for the rest of the week, keep downing the magic tea, run the humidifier full blast and laze around while my child indulges herself in all the fun stuff she got for her birthday. You'd be surprised how much fun an almost-three year old can have when left to her own devices. It only takes her minutes to cover herself in stickers, markers, glitter, and watercolors. She is having a blast and has played with every single thing she got for her birthday already. I had to discretely move some to a secret spot for when her boredom reaches a fever pitch and she needs something new to do. Bless her heart, she has really been awesome with me being so down and out. I try to rest for several hours a day and the little thing spends lots of time alone, doing her art, playing with her Freddies (they all napped in Colin's crib today), and watching tv (yes, I know I'm a terrible mom).
This was taken the night of her birthday party -- she never napped, just dove right into her presents! Anyway, this is what her past 2 days have looked like -- very colorful.
1 Comments:
At Tue Feb 03, 09:22:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
I'm sorry you're feeling so sick! I hope the precautions you're taking -- drinking tea, laying low, running the humidifier -- work and you feel better soon!
I'm really impressed that Devin got involved with the birth plan!
I love that last picture of Lily. If you need to take a break at all this week, feel free to bring her over here. I know Sam would love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home