Tick Tock
Today, I am 37 weeks and 2 days, meaning I have 19 days to go until my due date. Now, I know due dates are rather arbitrary and if you want to get really technical, you could tack on an extra 14 days of waiting (most doctors won't let you go longer than 42 weeks before they want to induce you), so I realize that 19 days isn't an exact measurement. However, today, 19 days seems like an eternity. I am tired beyond words (which makes no sense) and am actually praying to have the baby so I can sleep (someone please tell me how this makes sense). I ran into a couple from my birth class yesterday while out shopping; they were due Feb 8th and had just given birth the day before (these people are troopers to be out and about so soon). I was actually jealous! Now that I'm considered "full term", I can breathe easier about when this baby will come.
Today, I had my 37 week checkup. The appointment took forever, apparently the office was really busy. I am so lucky that Lily is such a great kid. She waved and talked to everyone in the waiting room, told them about the President and Vice President, "read" magazines, talked ad nauseum about her upcoming birthday party and its expected attendees and basically, just was an angel for the whole time. She also managed to sucker the nurse for 2 lollipops (the phlebotomist gave her an apple to even out the sugar overload, lol).
I had my first internal check today too (always fun, right?) and I'm around 1 cm dialated. We did a super quick scan to make sure baby is still head down (he is!) but the doctor said he is not engaged in the pelvis yet. We'll just have to wait on that one, but at least he's facing the right direction.
Here we are waiting on the doc for the quickie ultrasound:
Me at 37 weeks 2 days and lots of dark under-eye circles
Lily playing on the floor (yes, those are obstetrical wipes in the dumptruck)
Nesting is also in full fury over here. I'm so thankful for the fact that I was let go from my job earlier than planned because it gave me a chance to get my house in order (you should see my linen closet!) and all the baby stuff organized before I reached this point of being tired beyond belief. The only thing left to do is to wipe down the swing (its been in the attic) and insert batteries into the billion things that need them.
We've decided on a tentative floor plan for now. I expect that Colin will be sleeping in a bassinet in my room for a while, just like Lily did, so I am not in a huge rush to turn our office into his bedroom. We ended up deciding to make the office into a playroom. I'm using the closet in there to store Colin's stuff (carseats and 3-6 month clothes) and added a dresser for his clothes. That way, the computer and the bookshelves don't have to be moved, but we also have plenty of room for all of Lily's big toys (like her new kitchen and dollhouse).
So now, all of Colin's clothes have been washed and put away, ready for him to wear whenever he comes. I also cleaned out Lily's old crib (still in her room, but she sleeps in a full size bed in there) and put Colin's new bedding in it. He probably won't sleep in it for a while, but just in case, I wanted to make sure to take all the pink stuff out.
These pics don't really do it justice, but here are pics of the new and improved playroom -- I promise its not as cramped as it looks!
And Colin's crib, ready to go:
4 Comments:
At Thu Jan 22, 01:50:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Oooooh, I love your crib bedding!
Your playroom looks great! Doesn't it make you feel so good after you organize all of their toys?
I am so impressed with Miss Lily and her ability to entertain herself (and others) while waiting for a doctor's appointment. I'm not even that patient!
(And yes, tired beyond words does make sense! And so does the idea of getting some sleep even after the baby gets here. At least after Colin arrives, you'll be able to sleep comfortably -- even if only in two hour increments).
At Thu Jan 22, 05:01:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
I LOVE your crib bedding!
When you're ready to put the play room into Collin's room lemme know and I'll get you a prototype of The Little Prince thing to you!
At Fri Jan 23, 01:31:00 PM 2009,
KRON said…
That bedding is AWESOME.
At Mon Jan 26, 06:08:00 AM 2009,
Amy said…
Wow, your ticker is down to 15 days today. I cannot believe we will both have little baby boys withing the next few weeks. That is just crazy.
I love baby Colin's bedding. It is so cute.
Also, I know what you mean about being "able" to get sleep after he is born. You may not have the time to sleep, but at least you will have the ability to fall asleep again:)
Post a Comment
<< Home