Monday, January 19, 2009

He Flipped!!!

So, NC is expecting Winter Storm 2009 to hit tomorrow (I jest, but yes, we are expecting some snow) and in anticipation of it all, my OB's office asked me to come in early for my ultrasound to determine Colin's position to see if the Version scheduled for tomorrow was still needed. I've been religiously going to the most awesome chiropractors EVER daily (except yesterday because it was Sunday) and sometimes twice daily -- and it paid off! I am a true believer now! Needless to say, tomorrow's procedure is cancelled and we are hoping to enjoy a snow day and Obama's inauguration instead!

My Mom and sister were both off work today and came with me, which made it even more special. Marcie, our ultrasound tech, was super nice and after determining the position, took lots of time to scan the baby and check out all his parts. We got to see the four chambers of his heart, listen to the heartbeat (134 bpm, I think), watch him eat his own hand, check (yet again) to make sure he is still a boy (and the u/s tech made sure to mention how big his scrotum was, lol), and even check for hair. It was all wonderful, but the best part, of course, was that he is head and face down, exactly how he should be. He is not deeply engaged in the pelvis yet, but that is of little concern. Just keep your fingers crossed he stays in the right position!

I do not know what day or time the flip happened. I had spent lots of time at the chiropractor's office and have also made Lily talk to the baby really low (below the belly button that I've lost sight of). She is so cute, she'd put her litttle hands on my tummy, pull in a random direction and say "Baby Colin, can you please do a flip? You need to be up-slide down." Guess he listened! My chirpractor was so excited when I called (actually, its a husband/wife team, but she answered the phone) and she offered to keep seeing me until the baby is born to keep my pelvis loose. I can't tell you how grateful I am for that! These people are practically saints -- they are charging me *very* little for their services and I think they are amazing.

Anyway, here's a few pictures from our appointment today:

Profile of face

So that giant glob next to the letters is supposed to be hair. I don't see it, but I'm gonna take her word for it. She said there wasn't a whole lot, but there's definately some!



And a boney little foot :)

On the ride home, Mom and I were sitting in the front seats and I mentioned to her how glad I was that our ultrasound tech took so much time and what a great ultrasound it was. I think I said something to the effect of "Aw, it was so cute to see his little hair and his little junk." Then, Lily piped up from the back seat "Mom, what did you say?" (she says this whenever she hears a new word or phrase). My answer was "Miss Marcie said Baby Colin has hair!" and Lily says, to no one in particular, "And he has junk!"

So, now we have 3 weeks to relax a bit more and wait for nature to take its course. I have been still nesting furiously and the playroom is complete. Today, I've washed all the covers for the carseat, swing, bouncy seat and bassinet. Baby bedding is next! I've already washed and organized and put away all of his 0-3 month clothes. We are ready and waiting!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home