Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I think my pictures are too big for Blogger, so it seems I have solved the problem. Woohoo. I know you were dying in anticipation for our Christmas pictures, so here goes!

Christmas Eve dinner was hosted by my Mom again this year and it was fantastic! In attendence were Mom, Devin's Mom, Me and Devin and Lily, my sister Melissa and brother Derek and his girlfriend Gracie and her Dad and my aunt Linda. It was quite a spread and was totally delish!

Here is Lily posing for her Christmas picture. She insisted on sitting right next to the dog cage, that housed her hungry BFF, Mildred the dog. We kept trying to get her to scoot away, but she insisted! You can't see it, but she actually got a Dora doll from my Mom with a matching Christmas dress. So cute!

Lily was *not* in the mood to eat; she chattered away during the entire meal and I don't think managed more than a few bites. I think she was excited to have so many people she loved in the same place.



This was the view on Xmas Eve, right after Santa left. You can see he left a box of playfood and a box of dishes on the piano bench, behind Lily's big gift of the play kitchen.



Christmas morning was hectic and awesome, all at once. Lily woke up and Devin and I and Devin's mom were right behind her. She was a little bleary-eyed at first and seemed less-than-shocked to see the spread under the tree. She was like "oh, there's my dollhouse and my kitchen..." -- totally underwhelmed at first. Once it sank in, she got super excited! She ran back and forth from her dollhouse to her kitchen, unsure of which one to play with first. While and Gramma played with her toys, Devin and I whipped up a quick breakfast of muffins, ham and eggs. We all ate and then got down to the business of unwrapping!

After the house was covered in paper and ribbon and every piece of packaging available, Devin's Dad showed up after an early morning of work. Soon after, my mom and siblings came, all bearing more gifts. You can imagine what my tiny house looked like (and to some extent, still does). It was awesome and I *love* having everyone over for such a special day. The one sad spot was Devin's sister, who had to stay in Maine for the holidays, we all really missed her!

Here is Lily really enjoyed playing with her new kitchen with Gramma first thing Christmas morning.


It took her a while to really wake up and get excited, but then she got really into it!



Lily checking out her other big gift, the "baby dollhouse!"


And for your viewing pleasure, my big belly in front of the tree (if you can even see the tree behind my gargantuan mass)

After breakfast and a billion gifts, Devin, Lily, my siblings and I all headed to my grandparent's house for my Dad's side of Christmas. There were gifts everywhere and Lily was uber excited! At that point, she was running on adrenaline, but she definately kept up! She did a great job, taking turns opening presents and got a bunch of great stuff. I think my favorite thing she got was a kid digital camera -- expect me to start posting all kinds of awesome Lily-shots of knees and carpets! Here she is opening gifts at my Dad's house, in her dress courtesy of Jen (thanks, Jen!)


I have tons more Christmas pics, if you're bored, feel free to email me and I'll send you the link my photobucket :)

6 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 26, 08:49:00 PM 2008, Blogger KRON said…

    boo blogger!

     
  • At Tue Dec 30, 08:02:00 PM 2008, Blogger KRON said…

    hooray the pictures are fixed! She looks keenly interested in that doll house.

     
  • At Wed Dec 31, 09:25:00 AM 2008, Blogger Leslie said…

    I would like to come play with that kitchen! And the dollhouse! They both look awesome.

    Lily looks beautiful in her Christmas dress!

     
  • At Wed Dec 31, 12:01:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That dollhouse was in my dream last night? it was weird, there were like 5 or 6 of them, some were old and some were new looking, but all the same house. hahahahha.

     
  • At Wed Dec 31, 02:59:00 PM 2008, Blogger Mommy Toy said…

    LOL!! We almost got Adrianna the exact same thing for Christmas. The doll house and the kitchen. We decided to skip the doll house because we just don't have enough room. Looks like our little ones are a lot alike!!!

     
  • At Sat Jan 03, 07:14:00 PM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    Sam and I are watching the Falcons/Cardinals game, and we're scrolling through the blog. He said he wants to come over and play with the dollhouse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home