Tis the Season
So, despite my bulging tummy and raging mood swings (pray for my family, lol), we've been trying to get into the Holiday Spirit around here. Saturday afternoon, we went to pick out of Christmas Tree. This was the first year that Lily truly understood what was going on, I think, and she really got into it. Thank God the place has a fence around it, the girl was running in and out of trees so fast, it was hard to keep up! She insisted on wearing her "amblers" to the tree lot. It's so much fun watching her get excited about Christmas!
Lily helps Daddy measure our prospective tree
I think she found one!
We didn't end up decorating until Sunday, which I will freely admit, I was pretty stinkin' worn out, so the majority of my time was spent on the couch taking pictures. Luckily, Lily caught on super-fast and was able to decorate the bottom third of the tree (and some middle parts, standing on a stool) all by herself. She really is something!
This was our attempt at the Mommy/Lily picture in front of the tree, but it didn't quite pan out as hoped. Lily was way too busy to stop and take a break with me and I am way to big to chase her down
Devin took this picture, I think its awesome
And today, Monday, my wonderful sister came over to help Lily make a Gingerbread House that she bought us. Thank goodness for Melissa because a) I don't know how to make frosting and b) I lack artisitic vision and c) she helped clean up the mess. Again, I took on the role of photographer and Melissa and Lily worked very hard to build a really cute Gingerbread House.
Her favorite part was the M&M's on the porch (they didn't come in the kit). Lily made sure that the entire front yard of the house is covered in them. Also, she ate a bunch too

My baby and her final product. It now sits on a shelf in our entertainment system. She asks at least once an hour if we can eat it.

As of tomorrow, I will be 31 weeks pregnant. I'm starting to *really* feel it lately. I'm having a harder time breathing, walking, bending over, sleeping, and really just coping with things. I find myself very moody, especially with Devin. He's been a real trooper about it, but I definately need to find a way to capture the holiday spirit a bit better! I am loving being home -- we do something cool almost every day and my house is really starting to come together. My goal for this week is to organize my closet, because between my regular wardrobe and my maternity stuff, it looks like my closet threw up on my papasan chair. Its not pretty and definately lacks good feng shui. Here's today's belly shot. I look much bigger in person!
My sister rocks Lily's earmuffs
My baby and her final product. It now sits on a shelf in our entertainment system. She asks at least once an hour if we can eat it.
As of tomorrow, I will be 31 weeks pregnant. I'm starting to *really* feel it lately. I'm having a harder time breathing, walking, bending over, sleeping, and really just coping with things. I find myself very moody, especially with Devin. He's been a real trooper about it, but I definately need to find a way to capture the holiday spirit a bit better! I am loving being home -- we do something cool almost every day and my house is really starting to come together. My goal for this week is to organize my closet, because between my regular wardrobe and my maternity stuff, it looks like my closet threw up on my papasan chair. Its not pretty and definately lacks good feng shui. Here's today's belly shot. I look much bigger in person!
1 Comments:
At Tue Dec 09, 03:41:00 PM 2008,
CAGB said…
Lily looks beautiful, and it looks like you guys are having great fun! And, your new camera takes AMAZING pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home