Thanksgiving
With Mom and Derek in Germany and Melissa visiting Jake in Texas, Devin and Lily and I celebrated actual Thanksgiving Day with our friends from NA. The host couple made a spectacular meal and a few of us brought extras (as previously noted, mine was Sweet Potato Casserole). After a yummy dinner, we played Uno and chatted and ate pumpkin pie and then had a "meeting." Lily did great and only interrupted us a few times. The thoughtful host had a sticker book for her, so she was well occupied! It was such a special day and I'm so glad we spent it that way.
Friday morning, we left for Newport, NC which is near Morehead City on the coast. Its about a 5 and a half hour drive. Luckily, we received a car DVD player from a friend and that thing was worth its weight in gold, i'm tellin' ya! Lily did pretty good on the way down and spent most of her time watching "Madagascard." The drive was long, but we made it and had a great time with Devin's Mom and his sister and her boyfriend, who arrived later that night. Devin's Mom cooked a DELICIOUS meal for us, which alone was worth the drive. Lily was particularly attached to Aunt Deanna and spent endless hours talking her ear off.
The drive home on Sunday was long and daunting because of the rain and fog, but Lily did amazingly well, not whining at all. My Brother and Mom got in last night from Germany too, so surely everyone spent today recuperating (well, mom is at work, but hopefully she is taking it easy).
So, that was pretty much it. I took a few minutes to apply for unemployment today, but got a note that basically said there were questions and they would call me. I hope that happens soon, so we can get the ball rolling. I'd like to know either way if I'll be eligible at all.
As for baby, I am now 30 weeks pregnant (well, tomorrow I will be) and am definately feeling it! I'm starting to get the pain in my pubic bone that I had last time (ouch!) and heartburn is my new constant companion. Other than that, it is going well and I enjoy watching my belly contort into funny shapes as Colin moves around. I'm betting that he will be a big baby too because he already feels huge in there!
1 Comments:
At Tue Dec 02, 03:56:00 PM 2008,
Amy said…
You did better than us. We didn't take even one picture on Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment
<< Home