Gratitude List
I have a mental gratitude list that I run in my head constantly, especially when I start feeling sad or fearful, but yesterday (Thanksgiving) was a day when gratitude is universally celebrated. In honor of Thanksgiving, I'd like to take a moment (thanks for the idea, Rachel!) to list the things I'm grateful for:
- My family - I never dreamed that I could have such a happy little nuclear family. I am engaged (or common law married? Lol) to a wonderful man who takes amazing care of me and Lily and our household. My daughter is the coolest kid on earth and I can't wait to meet my son. Also today, I feel closer to the rest of my family than I ever have and am so blessed to have them in my life!
- My Job - thank you for laying me off early, as my house is clean and its starting to hurt to walk. Thank you for giving me more time with my big girl before my little man arrives
- My house -- its old and needs a billion projects, but its safe and centrally located and is a great place to hang out on cold fall/winter days
- My Friends - Today, I can honestly say that every single friendship in my life is worth cherishing and being thankful for everyday. I may not be the best about keeping in touch, but I am here, I am participating and I am available. Those are things I could not say a few years back; it makes me see how far I've come. We spent our actual Thanksgiving Day among friends yesterday and ate well, played Uno, and had a "meeting" and it was unbelievably amazing.
- My Oven - I made sweet potato casserole for the first time in my life yesterday and it came out beautifully! (ingredients: mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, milk, butter, cinnamon, raisins, melted marshmallows on top). I'm so proud!
- My Big Ol' Belly - I may feel huge and am sore as hell, but I love this kid inside of me. I like it that I can feel his hands down low and a foot that always hits my right rib cage. Colin seems to enjoy only the right side of my uterus. Its even obvious to people who are looking from the outside to see exactly where his favorite "spot" is.
- My family - I never dreamed that I could have such a happy little nuclear family. I am engaged (or common law married? Lol) to a wonderful man who takes amazing care of me and Lily and our household. My daughter is the coolest kid on earth and I can't wait to meet my son. Also today, I feel closer to the rest of my family than I ever have and am so blessed to have them in my life!
- My Job - thank you for laying me off early, as my house is clean and its starting to hurt to walk. Thank you for giving me more time with my big girl before my little man arrives
- My house -- its old and needs a billion projects, but its safe and centrally located and is a great place to hang out on cold fall/winter days
- My Friends - Today, I can honestly say that every single friendship in my life is worth cherishing and being thankful for everyday. I may not be the best about keeping in touch, but I am here, I am participating and I am available. Those are things I could not say a few years back; it makes me see how far I've come. We spent our actual Thanksgiving Day among friends yesterday and ate well, played Uno, and had a "meeting" and it was unbelievably amazing.
- My Oven - I made sweet potato casserole for the first time in my life yesterday and it came out beautifully! (ingredients: mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, milk, butter, cinnamon, raisins, melted marshmallows on top). I'm so proud!
- My Big Ol' Belly - I may feel huge and am sore as hell, but I love this kid inside of me. I like it that I can feel his hands down low and a foot that always hits my right rib cage. Colin seems to enjoy only the right side of my uterus. Its even obvious to people who are looking from the outside to see exactly where his favorite "spot" is.
1 Comments:
At Sun Nov 30, 09:37:00 PM 2008,
Anonymous said…
I just want to give you a big freaking hug right now! I am so happy you are my friend!
Post a Comment
<< Home