Friday, December 05, 2008

Lily's Christmas Pageant

Lily had a big day today! Even though we took her out of school when I left work, her school was kind enough to allow us to participate in the Christmas Program, since Lily's class had been practicing so long. I was so excited, but Lily wanted nothing to do with it every time I brought it up today. I'd say "Lily, we are going to see your friends tonight at the Christmas Program" and she insisted that no, we weren't and furthermore, she was not going to sing Rudolph at all.

She got her 2nd ever haircut (looks like we are running about one a year at this rate) to prepare (and also to remove the mullet that seemed to taken over her head)

So, the whole way Rock Hill, Lily whined and insisted she did not want to see her friends, nor would she be participating in any way. When we got there, she shied away from her old teachers and friends for the first few minutes, but after she located her best friend Kendall, she quickly warmed up. Her teachers had brough her antlers and a personalized shirt. She sat down and started to get comfortable

You can imagine my shock when the kids came out on stage and my little one perked right on up! She just blossomed in the spotlight! She pulled up her hands, like they taught her in class, danced and sang every word to Rudolph and enjoyed every second of it. After they sang, the teacher read a poem about Jesus being the Reason for the Season and Lily hit all her marks. It was unbelievable!







The video:


After the poem, they brought all the two year old classes on stage together for We Wish You a Merry Christmas, which Lily also knew the words to, even though she hadn't practiced with her class in weeks. It was pretty incredible! She did, at one point, lift her shirt in an attempt to find her pocket though (she had a candy cane that apparently needed to be relocated), but a little flashing is always good.

She was so amazing and giggled and talked the whole way home. She kept her antlers ("amblers") on and jabbered nonstop in the car. My favorite part was when she said "I'm a happy little Reindeer!"

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Dec 06, 12:37:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Now don't cry...but we're going to your Christmas pageant"
    hahahahahahha! She was so cute!

     
  • At Sat Dec 06, 01:51:00 PM 2008, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh my god. I love it. Sam, Joe, and I just watched the video, and Sam got so excited when he saw it was Lily. I'm thrilled to hear she blossomed in the spotlight! She's a little DIT -- Diva In Training!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home