In the Spirit
So, my little gal has definately kept me on my toes during my time home with her. I'm thinking we're in for a rougher transition that I'd previously thought. She has all but given up naps, even though I can tell she's exhausted most days, and the talking back is in full swing. She has also started a thing where she's having issues with transitioning. Namely, leaving playdates or places she's not ready to leave. When it comes time to leave, a full-on meltdown ensues and lasts for a long, long time. She is also struggling with bedtime. She likes to get up about 5 times after we put her in bed, with some sort of request. If we put her back in, she kicks walls, screams and eventually ends up on the floor. This new phase of independence is testing me in new ways. Luckily, I'm reading some books (thanks Leslie!) and that seems to be helping a lot.
Lily's other new thing is her favorite word -- "only." Whenever she discusses anything, she refers to it as her "only." The other day, she injured her "only" cheek by running headfirst into a table. She also played with her "only" playdoh today. I always giggle when I hear her tell people about her only toys or her only books.
Being home is definately an adjustment and being pregnant is making it a bit more challenging. I get tired very easily and am having a harder time doing housework, but am learning how to stay on top of it for the most part. I say that, but we are three loads behind on laundry right now. I'm also trying to cook more and Lily and I are having fun experimenting with different easy recipes. Wish us continued luck on that front!
As far as the pregnancy goes, Colin is either a very chill guy or my anterior (in front of the baby) placenta is a super shock absorber. He is so quiet and rarely has big jabs or kicks, he mainly rolls. If you've ever sat in one of those chairs with the rolling ball massagers, that is kind of what he feels like -- only in my stomach instead of on my back. Looking at my ticker, I can't figure out if we are super-close or still very far away from meeting him. Some days, I wish I was 40 weeks and other weeks, I'm glad for the time to prepare!
Lily's other new thing is her favorite word -- "only." Whenever she discusses anything, she refers to it as her "only." The other day, she injured her "only" cheek by running headfirst into a table. She also played with her "only" playdoh today. I always giggle when I hear her tell people about her only toys or her only books.
Being home is definately an adjustment and being pregnant is making it a bit more challenging. I get tired very easily and am having a harder time doing housework, but am learning how to stay on top of it for the most part. I say that, but we are three loads behind on laundry right now. I'm also trying to cook more and Lily and I are having fun experimenting with different easy recipes. Wish us continued luck on that front!
As far as the pregnancy goes, Colin is either a very chill guy or my anterior (in front of the baby) placenta is a super shock absorber. He is so quiet and rarely has big jabs or kicks, he mainly rolls. If you've ever sat in one of those chairs with the rolling ball massagers, that is kind of what he feels like -- only in my stomach instead of on my back. Looking at my ticker, I can't figure out if we are super-close or still very far away from meeting him. Some days, I wish I was 40 weeks and other weeks, I'm glad for the time to prepare!
This week, we met Leslie and Sam and Shelby at Founders Hall to check out Leonard Bernstein's Singing Bears. Lily was oddly infatuated by them and made sure to stand right in front of the other preschool kids so she could have the best view
2 Comments:
At Sun Dec 14, 12:50:00 AM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Leah Catherine looks like a porcelain doll, but in a good way!
Looks like Auntie Melissa is gonna need to try that cape on!
At Tue Dec 16, 05:51:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
PLEASE tell people I have since gotten my hair cut and highlighted since I saw you last Wednesday. Good God, that looks atrocious.
Leah Catherine and Lily are so cute baking cookies! Man, you put me to shame....crafts with pine cones and glitter, and now baking cookies! I need some tips from you, please. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home