Hangin' with Santa
Lily approaches timidly, but doesn't hesitate when Santa asks her what she wants for Christmas
Luckily, we got the $15 money shot (thank God for scanners)

I need to remember next year that I have to better explain the function of telling Santa what we want for Christmas. Lily assumed that he would bust out her toy then and there and was very put off when I explained we had to wait til Christmas Day to find out what Santa will bring her. I think she gets it now. For the record, Lily is getting a used Dollhouse and a Play Kitchen (both in good shape) with accessories as her "big" Christmas gifts this year. I think she's gonna be super excited!
*Edited to Add*
I wanted to make a note about my 32 week OB appt today. Usually, they are pretty routine, but today was a tad out of the norm. First, I asked my doc to verify that it was okay to fly to Boston when I'm 35ish weeks and he gave his blessing. Second, I mentioned that I'd noticed this baby was not terribly active at all. I told him that movement actually seemed to decrease lately. I also warned him that I am a worrier by nature (which you can bet he already knows!), but I felt the need to mention. I love my OB, he wanted to monitor me right then and there. So, he brought Lily some toys (Bob the Builder construction vehicles) and they hooked me right up to the monitor.
I had to push a button every time I felt the baby move. Because this is my kid, after all, the showing off begins. He moved so much that I had to hand-hold the heartbeat monitor and chase him around with it. Lily did so wonderfully and was sweet enough to play nicely for the entire 30 min or so I sat there (well, we had a worrisome moment when she announced her need to potty, but the nurse was sweet enough to take her for me). Colin has a lovely heartbeat -- which ranged from 130-145 ish, for the most part. Dr Morris noted after reading my printout, that a kid that kicks 124 times (I have no clue if that was an exaggeration -- did I really hit the button *that* many times?) was doing just fine in there. He did let me know if I had further worries, that I could come in for monitoring anytime. I think I'm just going to have to accept that Colin is not Chuck*Norris and more of a rollin' kind of guy.
5 Comments:
At Tue Dec 16, 03:31:00 PM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Oh you got a great one this year!! She's growing up too fast!
At Tue Dec 16, 05:48:00 PM 2008,
Test said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At Tue Dec 16, 05:49:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
ARGH! Sorry. That last comment was mine. I was logged into another gmail account.
I love that last picture! That's a great one. I love it how she wasn't timid when Santa asked her what she wanted!
At Wed Dec 17, 09:34:00 AM 2008,
KRON said…
The Santa picture is GREAT!
At Thu Dec 18, 06:27:00 AM 2008,
Amy said…
I miss the days when I could buy toys for Brendon. Now all he wants are incredibly expensive electronics and Ipods.
I am glad to hear that baby Colin is doing OK. It is good that you have a doctor that will attend to your concerns immediately when you have them.
Post a Comment
<< Home