Getting Into the Solution
My friend Julie hooked me up with an awesome chiropractor who is willing to charge me peanuts for her time and also willing to see me daily (and sometimes, twice daily) to encourage the little man to turn. I had my first appointment yesterday and it went great. If nothing else, I will have chiropractic care for the next week, which is awesome because I'm incredibly sore being this pregnant anyway. I'm also hopeful that just relaxing those muscles will make the Version easier, if the baby doesn't flip on his own. I can actually already feel a difference. His head has consistently been under my right rib for months and both last night and today, I can feel him push and stretch his was over to the left side. Having that added mobility makes me think the chiropractic work helped loosen something up so he could move. I will go back once today, twice on Friday, once on Saturday and twice on Monday and hope that does the trick!
Now, a note about Lily's Birthday --
For those of you who have asked what to bring, please know a) you do not have to bring a gift at all for any reason, your company alone makes the day special b) We had a big Christmas and the house is already filled with stuff that I'm furiously trying to organize and so please don't feel the need to go all out for her birthday
Things that would be great: Sticker books, Art supplies (paints, paint brushes, paper, etc), Playdoh, DVD's (Disney, princesses, Dora, Diego), stuff like hats, gloves, rain boots, umbrellas, etc -- basically, go for small and inexpensive, lol.
I hope that doesn't come off sounding weird or presumptious, we just want to encourage everyone, especially in these tough financial times, to spend as little as possible and come hang out and let us enjoy your company instead :)
3 Comments:
At Thu Jan 15, 12:29:00 PM 2009,
CAGB said…
Oh, as for turning the baby, I got the advice once to place a stereo between your legs and play music to the baby. Apparently, they gravitate toward music. I tried it, and it did in fact elicit some serious spinnage. Worth a try.
At Fri Jan 16, 09:21:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Lora,
I love to follow the events in your lives. It's great to see the growth and devolpment of Lily and little baby dude. What will you do when you have two to write about? Will you have a Colindude.blogspot or combine them. I think it is beautifu how you have archived the first years of Lily's life and your pregnancies. What a loving gift to leave your with your children. Your love and commitment to your family (including my cuz Devin) is most beautiful. You find happiness and joy in everything and document it so wonderfully for all to experience with you. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Even if just by blog,I feel connected to people, time and place I thought was gone. Devin, I am so proud of the man you have become. I love you deeply and admire you and your family for the loving example you set. Good luck with the baby and with Lily! lisa
At Sun Jan 18, 09:44:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
How are the appointments going? I'm glad you get to go so much! Surely, that will help! When is the version scheduled?
Post a Comment
<< Home