Blizzard 2009 Part 2
After we were back inside, all warm and toasty and waiting on our pizza to arrive, we watched the Inauguration on TV. What a wonderful moment for our country. For the first time in my life, I felt a huge surge of patriotism and pride to be an American. I am truly impressed with Obama and have full faith in him to lead our country out of the dark times of the last administration. Lily has been saying all day "Barack Obama is President!" (she told her Dad that he "got President at Gigi's house."). I know she may not realize it or even remember it, but I'm glad she was a part of the day and hopefully understood a tiny bit of what she was seeing.
5 Comments:
At Tue Jan 20, 07:26:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Your camera ROCKS! and so does Obama!
At Wed Jan 21, 08:33:00 AM 2009,
Amy said…
Great pictures of blizzard 2009. I was also really excited b/c Brendon was able to watch the Inauguration at school. It is history in the making.
At Wed Jan 21, 12:41:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Great snow pictures! And that is a great shot of Lily by the TV while Obama is taking the oath. What is she doing with her hand? Is she saying Obama is #1, or is she copying him and putting her hand up to take the oath, too?
At Thu Jan 22, 06:59:00 PM 2009,
Julie R. said…
Love the Obama picture.
At Fri Jan 23, 04:44:00 PM 2009,
Just the Sous Chef said…
Stunning pictures ... you already ROCK that camera!!! xxoo
Post a Comment
<< Home