Monday, January 26, 2009

15 Days and Counting


I can't wait for Baby Colin to get here -- he won't make faces at me like this when I try to photograph him using the bathroom for a long, long time. My current little unwilling subject screams when I bust out the camera and flails wildly so my autofocus doesn't work and the shutter won't close. She is a feisty one!

So, tomorrow will mark the beginning of my 38th week! The main difference between this week and the ones of the past is the intense itching and burning taking place around my belly button. I have never felt anything like this, including during pregnancy with Lily. I wonder if Colin's sudden change of position didn't give my skin and muscles a chance to catch up. Either way, it hurts like hell. The irony is that I was 37 weeks with Lily when I got stretchmarks last time and now at 37 weeks in this pregnancy, I've accumulated more. Not fair. I slather myself in Vitamin E oil and lotion almost hourly, it seems, but to little avail. The worst part is trying to sleep -- anything that touches my strained skin causes pain, so laying down really sucks. I'm hoping he drops and this discomfort passes quickly!

Lily's big party is coming up this Sunday and I'm starting to panic! We've already got the decorations, but no party dress yet. We have a lot of invitees and a lot of rsvp's, so I think its gonna be really fun! Lily's best friend from daycare is coming and that's all she can seem to talk about. She is gonna be so excited to have all her friends AND cake in the same place -- every kid's dream!

Anyway, I'd like to offer my apologies in advance if those of you who come on Sunday end up seeing the bottom of my belly or my rear end. At this stage, its almost inevitable that my clothes don't fit.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home