NST Today - 39w 2d
So, little man has slowed down drastically in the past 2 days, so much so that I called my OB for advice. Colin is a very active guy usually and for him to only move 5-10 minutes a day was really concerning! So, my OB had me in almost immediately (have I mentioned I love him?), got me set up on the machine that monitors heart rate and movement, gave Lily 2 lollipops and some magazines, and made sure my baby boy is safe and sound. At first, I must've sat there for about a half hour with no movement at all, but the heartbeat seemed perfectly fine. Then, right before the doctor came in, he started to wake up a bit. Just to be sure he was good and awake, they put a noise/vibration machine on my belly to startle him. After that, he stayed active for the rest of the test. It wasn't the hard and strong stretching kicks that I'm used to, but it was frequent enough activity to where his numbers looked great on the chart.
Just to be doubly sure, Dr Morris did a quick ultrasound to make sure I have enough fluid. He found a couple of really good pockets of fluid and he felt it was well within the normal range. He did ask me to come back on Monday to see the in-house ultrasound technician to recheck the amniotic fluid levels again and then I will go back Tuesday for my normal appointment, which will be at exactly 40 weeks.
While the appointment was stressful, I'm really glad I went. I needed that peace of mind. I'm sure he is just tired, as am I, because the pregnancy is almost over and maybe even because I've been resting so much lately due to my crappy sore throat/cold-type thing. I have no real way of knowing, but am glad to have added proof that he is okay. Even more proof comes at this exact moment, as my stomach is contorting drastically as I type.
Now that I've had my big dentist appointment (very important), I am ready to have this kid now! I will probably go to 41 weeks (so Feb 17) before I decide on an induction date. That sounds awfully far away, doesn't it? I'm very hesitant to be induced and am hoping that Colin decides to come on his own and spare me the pain of making the choice (and having to endure induction meds). Fingers crossed, everyone!
Feel free to spam my comments with guesses on date/time/weight/height! The winner gets...umm...oh, I don't know -- I'll think of something!
Just to be doubly sure, Dr Morris did a quick ultrasound to make sure I have enough fluid. He found a couple of really good pockets of fluid and he felt it was well within the normal range. He did ask me to come back on Monday to see the in-house ultrasound technician to recheck the amniotic fluid levels again and then I will go back Tuesday for my normal appointment, which will be at exactly 40 weeks.
While the appointment was stressful, I'm really glad I went. I needed that peace of mind. I'm sure he is just tired, as am I, because the pregnancy is almost over and maybe even because I've been resting so much lately due to my crappy sore throat/cold-type thing. I have no real way of knowing, but am glad to have added proof that he is okay. Even more proof comes at this exact moment, as my stomach is contorting drastically as I type.
Now that I've had my big dentist appointment (very important), I am ready to have this kid now! I will probably go to 41 weeks (so Feb 17) before I decide on an induction date. That sounds awfully far away, doesn't it? I'm very hesitant to be induced and am hoping that Colin decides to come on his own and spare me the pain of making the choice (and having to endure induction meds). Fingers crossed, everyone!
Feel free to spam my comments with guesses on date/time/weight/height! The winner gets...umm...oh, I don't know -- I'll think of something!
5 Comments:
At Thu Feb 05, 10:45:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well :)
My guess is next Wednesday, the 11th...20.5 inches and 7lb. 6oz. :D
At Thu Feb 05, 11:30:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Well I just took a week off work for his due date, so he better come on time! Otherwise we're gonna spend an awful lot of time together to fill my days!
At Fri Feb 06, 03:28:00 AM 2009,
Amy said…
Well, I am really glad to hear that baby Colin is just fine. He has probably gotten to big to really move in there. You know that my guess will be Feb. 10, since there is a full moon on the 9th. On the weight, I would say 8lbs, 5 oz.
We are both going to get these babies out of our tummies soon...
Oh, and I am praying you don't have to indure induction.
At Fri Feb 06, 12:35:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Lora, I know that was so scary! I'm very sorry you had to experience it, but what a relief to hear baby Colin is perfectly fine! Maybe he is just giving you a little break since he knows you haven't felt well. Such a considerate little boy already!
At Sat Feb 07, 12:45:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
I am going for Feb 11 and 8 lbs 1oz (M)
Post a Comment
<< Home