Awesome Day
I *really* needed the sunglight and warm weather that today brought. All this cold and gloom really had me down, so it was nice to have a day where the temperature was above 60 degrees!
After a delicious lunch with friends Jen and Neal, Lily and I came home and started on her new favorite project -- painting. Lily loves painting and has been asking for paints for a while and we ended up getting a gift card to Target as a bday present, so we found an awesome paint set! Part of it is squeezy paints and they 're super easy, so Lily and I sat outside on our porch and did some art in the sunshine.




Later, tiny friend Annika and her mom, Meagan, stopped by to play. Then my own mother and sister stopped in too. I recieved plenty of family pressure to go ahead and have this baby (its important to their schedules, you see) and Meagan pushed on a pulse point to help move things along, so hopefully Colin got the memo.

Other than that, everything's fine. The house is mostly clean, everything is all ready for the new baby, so we're ready whenever he is. Well, I haven't packed my bag yet, but I figure I will have plenty of time to do that later. I do not expect an early arrival of this kid, nor do I predict that I will have a fast labor. I think he's content to stay put for a bit. Nonetheless, I'm having my amniotic fluid checked on Monday and then my 40 week OB appointment is on Tuesday. For those of you who are worried, I will do my best to text everyone should anything happen and/or have my friend Beth (Beth, did you know I have volunteered you?) update my blog (Leslie, you are 2nd in command, in case Beth is unable to perform her duties, lol).
After a delicious lunch with friends Jen and Neal, Lily and I came home and started on her new favorite project -- painting. Lily loves painting and has been asking for paints for a while and we ended up getting a gift card to Target as a bday present, so we found an awesome paint set! Part of it is squeezy paints and they 're super easy, so Lily and I sat outside on our porch and did some art in the sunshine.
Later, tiny friend Annika and her mom, Meagan, stopped by to play. Then my own mother and sister stopped in too. I recieved plenty of family pressure to go ahead and have this baby (its important to their schedules, you see) and Meagan pushed on a pulse point to help move things along, so hopefully Colin got the memo.
Other than that, everything's fine. The house is mostly clean, everything is all ready for the new baby, so we're ready whenever he is. Well, I haven't packed my bag yet, but I figure I will have plenty of time to do that later. I do not expect an early arrival of this kid, nor do I predict that I will have a fast labor. I think he's content to stay put for a bit. Nonetheless, I'm having my amniotic fluid checked on Monday and then my 40 week OB appointment is on Tuesday. For those of you who are worried, I will do my best to text everyone should anything happen and/or have my friend Beth (Beth, did you know I have volunteered you?) update my blog (Leslie, you are 2nd in command, in case Beth is unable to perform her duties, lol).
3 Comments:
At Sun Feb 08, 06:18:00 AM 2009,
CAGB said…
Come on, Baby Colin!
At Sun Feb 08, 07:15:00 AM 2009,
Amy said…
Praying baby Colin will get the message:)
At Sun Feb 08, 06:52:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Of course I'll be second in command! :) Come on, baby Colin! We're all waiting for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home