The Worst Blogger Ever!
I'm so sorry, I have no idea if anyone even checks in here anymore. I was mainly blogging for myself, for my children to read someday and to serve as my memory as it so often fails me. I have missed blogging about some big events -- we went to Grandfather Mountain last weekend and a few weeks back, to Lazy 5 Ranch, where Colin was suprisingly excited by goats, zebras, emu, and water buffalo even though an hour before at a horse stable, he almost peed himself with fear over a dog. He is an excercise in extremes (much like his mommy) and while he is afraid of the vacuum cleaner, he loves nothing more than jumping from the stairs to the couch with his sister and hollering "weeee!"
His words have picked up SO MUCH lately! He regularly says "No", "Mine" and "Okay" -- which he most likely learned from Lily. He is also flirting with sentence structure. The other morning, I woke up to "Mommee, Peesh, Wateee" (Mommy, please water). I was tired, but impressed enough to get up and get him something to drink. My Mom also swears he said "I hear Sissy" -- which I thought I heard him say as well the next day, but its hard to tell. He is still very much in love with Daddy and his new thing is when he gets hurt or is scared, he tells himself "okay, okay"
Lily is still tickling me silly. She painted a gorgeous rainbow on the side of my sister's planter. I can curb almost any bad behavior with "Oh Lily, princesses don't do X." She loves to help with laundry and loves to play with little toys now (she acts out all kinds of stuff with her My Little Ponies). She takes good care of Colin, mostly hollering extremely loudly when he's about to do something dangerous. "NO COLIN NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or when Devin is about to give him something forbidden "MOM! DADDY IS TRYING TO GIVE COLIN SODA! SODA IS BAD FOR TEETH! MOM! DID YOU HEAR ME?! DADDY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Her and Devin went camping 2 weekends ago and Lily loved the heck out of it. She got to sleep on the top bunk in the cabin and spend lots of time with her Daddy and with other kids at the campground. She had a blast! And Colin and I enjoyed our 2 nights home alone with considerably less whining, gas, and noise :D
Also, in other big news, those of you who "know" - I celebrated a 5 year anniversary on June 1! Its been another wonderful year, full of ups and downs, but mostly ups. I've gained a speck of courage and a tad more faith -- such is always my journey. I'm on a slow path, but I love where I'm headed!
Business-wise, things are super! I have a part time job from home with super flexible hours (please fingers crossed that it stays this way!) and my photography stuff is really going well. I've had a lot of births and tons of portraits. June is turning out to be a hugely busy month for me. I'm really getting better at my craft and am enjoying learning and doing new things. I even made it into the local paper with a picture I did for an Easter Seals chairty event!
Lastly, the wedding. Da Da Dum! Is that sound the Wedding March? Or Impending Dread? Not sure yet, I'll let you know when I figure it out. We are pretty sure it'll be at Fort Macon State Park in September, which means the price and location are right! For those of you who can make it, it will definately not be a lavish affair, more of a casual picnic on the beach, but including me in a shiny dress and possibly a funny hairdo.
So, there you have it. Hopefully I can update again before July!

His words have picked up SO MUCH lately! He regularly says "No", "Mine" and "Okay" -- which he most likely learned from Lily. He is also flirting with sentence structure. The other morning, I woke up to "Mommee, Peesh, Wateee" (Mommy, please water). I was tired, but impressed enough to get up and get him something to drink. My Mom also swears he said "I hear Sissy" -- which I thought I heard him say as well the next day, but its hard to tell. He is still very much in love with Daddy and his new thing is when he gets hurt or is scared, he tells himself "okay, okay"
Lily is still tickling me silly. She painted a gorgeous rainbow on the side of my sister's planter. I can curb almost any bad behavior with "Oh Lily, princesses don't do X." She loves to help with laundry and loves to play with little toys now (she acts out all kinds of stuff with her My Little Ponies). She takes good care of Colin, mostly hollering extremely loudly when he's about to do something dangerous. "NO COLIN NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or when Devin is about to give him something forbidden "MOM! DADDY IS TRYING TO GIVE COLIN SODA! SODA IS BAD FOR TEETH! MOM! DID YOU HEAR ME?! DADDY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Her and Devin went camping 2 weekends ago and Lily loved the heck out of it. She got to sleep on the top bunk in the cabin and spend lots of time with her Daddy and with other kids at the campground. She had a blast! And Colin and I enjoyed our 2 nights home alone with considerably less whining, gas, and noise :D
Also, in other big news, those of you who "know" - I celebrated a 5 year anniversary on June 1! Its been another wonderful year, full of ups and downs, but mostly ups. I've gained a speck of courage and a tad more faith -- such is always my journey. I'm on a slow path, but I love where I'm headed!
Business-wise, things are super! I have a part time job from home with super flexible hours (please fingers crossed that it stays this way!) and my photography stuff is really going well. I've had a lot of births and tons of portraits. June is turning out to be a hugely busy month for me. I'm really getting better at my craft and am enjoying learning and doing new things. I even made it into the local paper with a picture I did for an Easter Seals chairty event!
Lastly, the wedding. Da Da Dum! Is that sound the Wedding March? Or Impending Dread? Not sure yet, I'll let you know when I figure it out. We are pretty sure it'll be at Fort Macon State Park in September, which means the price and location are right! For those of you who can make it, it will definately not be a lavish affair, more of a casual picnic on the beach, but including me in a shiny dress and possibly a funny hairdo.
So, there you have it. Hopefully I can update again before July!






4 Comments:
At Fri Jun 11, 09:39:00 PM 2010,
Anonymous said…
Thank you soooo much for the update!!!
Love u all M
At Mon Jun 14, 05:06:00 AM 2010,
Anonymous said…
Yes I check your blog almost everyday, sometimes more than once! I LOVE your blog and especially the pictures, even though they make me miss the children so much I sometimes cry.
You're a good mom - keep up the good work!
Which September date did you choose?
Love,
Aunt Carol
At Mon Jun 14, 01:28:00 PM 2010,
Sarah (aka Mom) said…
I love the fourth picture down. Colin is such a ham!
At Mon Jun 14, 10:02:00 PM 2010,
Anonymous said…
WOW! When did they get so big!
Gorgeous kiddos!
PS: I still check in ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home