Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh, the Updates

Yeah, so, sorry about the huge timelapse. Between photography, my work-from-home-job and two very active children, I have not found too much time to blog.

My birthday fell on Easter Sunday this year, so we had friends and family over to celebrate. The kids loved finding eggs (well, Colin just loved running freely around the side yard). It was a nice way to turn 30 and always good to spend my birthday with my Mom (its also her birthday!)

Time is flying by and my kiddos are growing and changing so fast. Its more noticable on Colin, because every day, it seems like he comes up with a new word. I have a feeling I'm going to have another talker in the house!

So here's the updated list, as best as I can remember: diaper, Gigi (my mom), Deanna, mine, stairs, stinky, ewwww, wheeee, Duck, Dog, Kitty, outside, no no, water, night night, hair, ear, eye, nose, belly button (and he can point to all those body parts), foot, sock, shoe, please, thank you....oh gosh, I think I could go on for a bit. Anyway, as you can see, he's quite the chatty cathy already.



He is also really odd when it comes to his likes and dislikes. He is scared of loud noises, like the hairdryer, the vacuum, the landscapers, etc, however we went to visit my grandparents and he was positively smitten with my Dad's tractor. Lily's German school went on a fieldtrip and hit up the playground after and Colin was fearless on the slide. He climed up and slide down on his tummy and his butt and screamd "Whee!" each time. Several times, he climbed up to low bars, held on to them, dropped his feet, hung for a second and then let go (thankfully, I caught him each time). He also likes to chase the ducks and would go straight into the lake if we let him. He loves the outdoors and to roam freely -- do not hold his hand or try to take him inside, its a recipe for fierce protest! Oh, and don't turn on the vacuum! :)

He is also Daddy-obssessed recently. He loves to follow Devin around and cry for him to hold him. If the two of us are home, he would way rather be with his daddy. Poor Devin practically gets mauled every day after work by two kids very eager to see him! He likes to take them both to check the mail and walk to the lake each day. Colin is very lovey and loves to hold our faces and kiss on us (lots of drool). The drool is really from this teeth. He has 8 erupted on top, 4 in on the bottom with the other bottom 4 (eye teeth and one year molars) swollen and ready to come out.

Miss L is still obsessed with becoming the next Disney Princess. She constantly talks about getting married and plays all kinds of princessy games. She had her first sleepover here last week with her friend Chloe and it was hectic and funny, all at once. The girls dressed up as fairies, princesses, and finally pirates. Fights ensued over pillows, nightgowns, blankets and they didnt' fall asleep til well after 10, with a tummy full of cookies and popcorn. Lily loved every second of it :)
Here is a supercute picture of Lily and her friend/husband Aidan at the Raptor Center last week. The kids had more fun running around like crazy hooligans than actually checking out the birds, but hey, such is life for a 4 year old.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 29, 12:24:00 PM 2010, Blogger CAGB said…

    I'm psyched for your update! I think Eleanor and Lily would have a blast together - Eleanor is always wearing "wedding gowns" and "being married" to me (or Josephine, or any friend - real or imaginary). We should schedule a little wedding for them sometime.

    Speaking of which, I can't wait to hear (read) updates on your real wedding!

     
  • At Fri Apr 30, 07:55:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Lily is such a ham. I love my daughter-in-law!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home