Monday, March 01, 2010

March Madness


Colin and Lily both had RSV last week and are hacking like little smokers. Colin's got really scary, actually. He had a fever that hovered around 103-104 for days and he was so lethargic that he slept a lot and when he was awake, he would just lay there with dazed eyes. It really scared me because he is normally a really active, talkative guy. After a trip to the doctor on Friday, he was diagnosed with a double ear infection and bronchiolitis, a complication of RSV. They gave him a little air chamber and inhaler for the wheezing and antibiotics for the ears. Its been about a week and a half and he's doing so much better. Both kids are still coughing a lot, but I think they are both a ton better.



I have to say that I'm super thankful that we are still nursing. While he was sick, he refused to eat anything, the only thing he wanted was breastmilk. It gave me comfort knowing that he was getting warm, nutritious fluid and it kept him from both dehydration and starvation. At the doctors, he weighed 22 lbs and 4 oz. Hooray for boobies!

He has also continued on his talking streak. Words of the week are: Dayee! Mommy! (he yells these when he wants us), Ball (bah!), Tickle Tickle (sounds kind of like Ti-kull Ti-kull), Night Night (Niy Niy), Keys (keeysh), No No, Hey, Bye Bye, Kitty Cat (Ki Ki) and probably a few more that I can't recall right now.
His motor skills are really coming along as well. He can easily get himself up the stairs and (he can get back down too, but its a bit tricker). He can throw a ball and tries to dribble it (smack it) and he does a good job running (albeit bowlegged). He also thinks its fun to jump, which is funny, because I can't remember if Lily did that at this age. We have started doing TV workouts in the mornings and he gets really into it. He raises his arms and tries to do all the appropriate moves. He loves to put stuff "in" other stuff (clean diapers go in the diaper pail and some of my nice measuring cups ended up in the trash). He is very shy and observent when he first meets people, it can take him well over an hour to warm up. He likes to cling to me or Devin and just watch until he's comfortable. He is so sweet, full of warm giggles and sweet cuddles!


Lily is still princess-obsessed. She is on imagination overload now. Colin (the handsome prince) and I have to kiss her awake like a hundred times a day. We also have to fit her multiple times a day with a glass slipper and pronounce her the one the prince was looking for. She rotates Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White on the DVD over and over again. She stays dressed up in costume about 90% of the day. She loves to sing and dance and do everything that princesses do. I am loving this stage right now though, even though I'm not girly and gets old for me fast, I love watching how her imagination is in full bloom. I'm sure Colin loves being the handsome prince as well (although he does seem to like trying on Lily's crown)

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 01, 03:26:00 PM 2010, Blogger CAGB said…

    I love that first picture! And, getting updates. Reminds me, I totally need to update on Eleanor. Hard to remember when the babies are changing every day!

    Goodness, your babies are cute.

     
  • At Tue Mar 02, 12:39:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Melissa said…

    Prince Nikon!
    orginally Dwarf Nappy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home