Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On this day in 2009...

Lily
  • Me: "Colin, how did you get so sneaky?" LILY: "He got it from me!"
  • Lily had the idea a few weeks ago to make a drive-thru veggie stand. She said that she thinks there should be a place where you drive to a window and they wash your fruits and vegtables and then hand them to you. Amen, sisah!
  • She also thought of how to make a book. She carefully described how to take two pieces of cardboard and then some paper and glue it all together. Brilliant!
  • The sassiness continues, but so does the sweetness -- its a careful balance somedays
  • She just told me that for Daddy's Christmas present, she wants to send him a "christmas email"

Colin

  • gives me the sweetest hugs! I say "HUG!" and he usually says "huh!" or "Ug" and then throws his sweet head against me so I can cuddle him
  • is still nursing and still uses a paci to sleep. Hoping to break the paci part at one year and I think we'll probably keep on with the nursing for quite a bit longer
  • taking lots of steps here and there, gaining his confidence
  • has broken into one Christmas present successfully -- I can't wait for him to open presents
  • gets big cases of the giggles. He didn't want to sleep last night and every time I went to check on him, he would erupt in laughter. I tried to nurse him and he would pop off and laugh hysterically. It may because I dyed my hair pink (because he also thinks its funny when I have a towel on my head after a shower).
  • is such a happy baby -- except when he's mad :)

I am excited for this Christmas, I can't believe it's so close!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home