Monday, December 07, 2009

Come on, Its Lovely Weather


Our Christmas Tree buying experience this year was the best yet! We went to a local tree lot near our house that offered a lot more than the usual buy-the-tree-and-leave that we're used to. First off, they had this great photo op waiting to happen, lol


And they had a fire pit, complete with marshmallows and forky-thingies to roast them with


Mmmm and popcorn! So good! I think Colin was a little jealous that he couldn't eat the popcorn, but he was a good sport about it



Marshmellow Messiness

When we got home, Devin strung the lights in front of our Santa, so you can get an idea of relative size. Devin is 6'3, Santa is 8' even, so the tree is just a tad bigger.

Lily did most of the decorating -- she has since reorganized and also made the ornaments "rescue" eachother and go on all sorts of adventures

Colin just likes to pull on the few branches he can get to (I have the tree cleverly tucked in a corner and surrounded by furniture)

I started this post earlier, so the date isn't right, but today (12/8), Colin had his late 9 month checkup, even though he's almost 10 months now. He weighed in at just under 21 lbs (20.4, I think), 28 inches and all of his measurements are right in the 50th percentile. He has gone from being a huge baby to a completely normal-sized one. My super active man is doing all the age-appropriate stuff -- crawling, cruising, bye-bye, saying mama and dada (and sissy), and echoing every noise there is, peekabo, and of course, being adorable :)

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Dec 09, 03:34:00 PM 2009, Blogger Leslie said…

    I am so jealous of your Christmas tree lot experience! We did the typical "get your tree and leave." Roasting marshmallows....eating popcorn....and the best -- that awesome "family in a wreath" picture! I love it!

    And I had no idea Devin was so tall!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home