Flava Aid
I am loving this age right now -- Colin is super busy, crawling all over the place. He loves to explore and possibly eat everything in sight. He has just recently gotten really lovey-dovey. He likes to put his head on my shoulder and cuddle. My favorite time of day is when Colin wakes up from his 2nd nap and Lily and I take whatever clean laundry is upstairs to be sorted and put away. We put on this cheesy kids songs cd and the kids jam while I put all their little clothes away. Its that time of day, watching them groove to the music and play with their toys, that I truly exhale and feel so grateful that I get to be home with my babies right now. I have no idea how much longer that will last, but somedays I wish it could be forever.
We hada little chicken-pox scare on Thursday. Lily had a trail of pink dots on her face a couple on her knee. We had recently been exposed from a friend at Waldorf group and although Lily was vaccinated for it (at the time, I didn't know the varicella shot was for chicken pox or we may have skipped it), I know that vaccinations are not fool-proof at all. Anyway, after a harried trip to the doctor that involved being ushered in a side door and a $35 copay (ouch), we were told that it wasn't chicken pox, but most likely bug bites or a rash. I was a little pissy about the copay because I hadn't planned on taking Lily to the doctor at all, but when I called the nurse to ask if I was supposed to, she panicked me about possible staph infection or god knows what. Anyway, I asked the doctor if I could get my money's worth if she could check Colin's ears and give me some Eucerin samples. I felt a little better, but not much.
For those of you just now joining us, Lily does not suffer from a case of juvenile myopia, just a really keen fashion sense.

So today we went to visit Leslie and Sam and I totally forgot to get any pictures of the big kids (mainly because they were screaching and moving fast and I was fearful of exposing them to strobe-like lights). Anyway, after we came home and got Colin in bed, Lily and I decided to try something I had been wanting to try. I ordered some white silk scarves online with the intention of dying them, but was afraid to do it alone. Today, we did a test run. Devin bought Flavor*Aid, which was like Kool*Aid only with Splenda (ick), but I guess it didn't matter since we were using it as dye and not to drink (can you imagine what that does to your stomach?). Anyway, I didn't have 3 of each color, so we sorta mixed it up -- one of 2 blues and a purple, another of 2 pinks and a red, and then one of 3 lemonades.

Lily being helpful -- I let her stir the water/vinegar bath, since it couldn't hurt anything and actually a little vinegar on the floor would be a good thing for cleaning purposes
We hada little chicken-pox scare on Thursday. Lily had a trail of pink dots on her face a couple on her knee. We had recently been exposed from a friend at Waldorf group and although Lily was vaccinated for it (at the time, I didn't know the varicella shot was for chicken pox or we may have skipped it), I know that vaccinations are not fool-proof at all. Anyway, after a harried trip to the doctor that involved being ushered in a side door and a $35 copay (ouch), we were told that it wasn't chicken pox, but most likely bug bites or a rash. I was a little pissy about the copay because I hadn't planned on taking Lily to the doctor at all, but when I called the nurse to ask if I was supposed to, she panicked me about possible staph infection or god knows what. Anyway, I asked the doctor if I could get my money's worth if she could check Colin's ears and give me some Eucerin samples. I felt a little better, but not much.For those of you just now joining us, Lily does not suffer from a case of juvenile myopia, just a really keen fashion sense.

So today we went to visit Leslie and Sam and I totally forgot to get any pictures of the big kids (mainly because they were screaching and moving fast and I was fearful of exposing them to strobe-like lights). Anyway, after we came home and got Colin in bed, Lily and I decided to try something I had been wanting to try. I ordered some white silk scarves online with the intention of dying them, but was afraid to do it alone. Today, we did a test run. Devin bought Flavor*Aid, which was like Kool*Aid only with Splenda (ick), but I guess it didn't matter since we were using it as dye and not to drink (can you imagine what that does to your stomach?). Anyway, I didn't have 3 of each color, so we sorta mixed it up -- one of 2 blues and a purple, another of 2 pinks and a red, and then one of 3 lemonades.

Lily being helpful -- I let her stir the water/vinegar bath, since it couldn't hurt anything and actually a little vinegar on the floor would be a good thing for cleaning purposes





5 Comments:
At Sat Nov 21, 09:12:00 AM 2009,
Jenny said…
lol lol lol.. Lily looks hilarious with your glasses on.. love it!!!
At Sat Nov 21, 09:47:00 PM 2009,
Erin said…
Those are beautiful!! They turned out so nicely!
At Sat Nov 21, 11:00:00 PM 2009,
Melissa said…
I hate having to pay a co-pay for no reason, I leave pissed off. I had free samples, but they were crap.
At Sun Nov 22, 08:20:00 PM 2009,
Leslie said…
Sigh. You put me to shame with the awesome crafts you do.
As always, it was wonderful to see you! Sam was so upset Lily had to go home.
At Wed Nov 25, 09:20:00 PM 2009,
Anonymous said…
Very nice! I love the glasses - what a fashionista!
Post a Comment
<< Home