Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Belated New Year!

Yeah, I'm a terrible blogger. No more frontin' over here. I am just slack.

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday to Devin, who turned 36 on the last day of 2009. Lily helped him celebrate by decorating a cake with him and then helping him eat it all.


To celebrate NYE, we went to La Paz for dinner with friends and then headed home early to get the kiddos in bed. Everyone in my house was asleep by 11, but Colin woke up at 11:58, which gave me just enough time to throw him on my boob and watch Ryan Secrest count in 2010. A few minutes later, I put the baby back in the crib, rolled over, and went back to sleep. So if what you did at midnight is indicative of what you will do in the new year, I will likely be nursing Colin from here to kingdom come. Actually, not so bad when you think about. I've been doing some research on nursing past a year and although nothing is firm yet, I am not planning to wean at a year.

In even bigger news, Colin is officially a walker! Right after New Year's, he started walking full-time and he continues to get better each day. He still falls a lot, but gets right back up and can go pretty far without too much trouble. His new thing (as of this week) is carrying around objects while he walks. A few days ago, he carried the tray of his high chair around all day and screamed when I tried to take it away from him. I love watching him toddle around, but it makes me sad that he's already at this stage. He's my last baby and I'm not in a rush to grow him up :)
This is what he looks like most days -- just the backside of a kid playing with the clean laundry pile

I had one birth this month and am due to have one more (birth photography, that is), but I promise to try and take some more pictures of my own kids to post!

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 10, 08:35:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Devan and Lily have the same smile! Cute!

    Walking already! Wow!

     
  • At Sun Jan 10, 09:10:00 PM 2010, Blogger CAGB said…

    Your kids are beautiful and I always look forward to more pictures/posts!

    And, your hair is quite rocking. I am considering a new style myself. Your bold choice gives me inspiration!

     
  • At Tue Jan 12, 09:55:00 PM 2010, Blogger Leslie said…

    Love the hair. Love it!

    Lily and Colin are gorgeous, as always. I can't believe he is walking! A year ago, you were still pregnant with him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home