Sunday, January 17, 2010

On the Move



Lily


  • Is really starting to get interested in writing. I can air-write letters for her and she copies them down

  • Has a major attitude, but I'm loving how creative she is
  • Can sleep through Colin's screams at 2 am -- lucky!
  • Loves to play with kids and is always begging when we're home to "see a kid!" She does not like "babies who can't talk" because "they are boring". There you have it.
  • Loves to play princess. I use this to my advantage. Cinderella helped me wipe the floors down the other day
  • According to Devin, she is pretty handy with the sprayer at the carwash
  • is easy to get to do stuff if I challenge her ability ("I don't know if you're strong enough to carry that you upstairs..") and she falls for it everytime
  • She is obsessed with turning 4 soon and that's all she talks about. She loves when her clothes say 4T or 5T. She's also good at figuring out ages on toys ("Mom, this is for bigger than 5's!"). The other day, she told me what to set the oven on for brownies ("Mom, it needs to be on 3-5-0!")
  • Compares everything to princess. She even asked me once, when I commented on how nasty her poo was, "Do princesses poop like that?"
  • Still a big ray of sunshine! She loves her family with a ferocity that amazes me. I am lucky this little girl is my daughter

Colin
  • Now a fulltime walker, he still falls a lot, but prefers to walk instead of crawl
  • got his first taste of walking outdoors this week (we had a nice day outside) and everytime he fell, was pleased to find some dirt to squish in his hands
  • loves to carry stuff around while he's walking (see pic above of him carrying my prenatals). His current fav's are his tray for his high chair and this big blow up penguin thing "santa" brought
  • No longer needs to pull up to a stand, he figured out how to get up from downward facing dog position (see above picture)
  • Uses some objects appropriately. My favorite is the hairbrush a) because he doesn't really have any hair and b) its a giant pink paddlebrush. He also loves to point the remote at the TV and push buttons!
  • Words: "No, no" (sounds like naw naw), Mama, Dada, Sissy, Night Night, Bye Bye (with cute waving at the wrist). That's all I can think of right now, but I feel like there's more than I'm forgetting
  • Deliberately tosses stuff overboard and then says "Uh Oh" (it sounds more like oh oh)
  • Understands a lot of words too, when I asked him if he wants to nursey, he immediately runs to my boobs and starts making this weird laugh/fuss noise that he makes before we nurse
  • Is really getting into feeding himself and eats all kinds of stuff. His breakfast today was scrambled eggs, strawberries, and Cream of wheat. Lunch was beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado and bites of Daddy's potato salad and dinner was Broccoli & Cheese rice and grilled chicken. He really loves to eat!
  • Screams when someone takes something away from him (which happens a lot with his big sissy)
  • Can back down if he's someplace high, like the couch or the bed. Mom taught this to Lily early so she wouldn't face dive off of stuff and I taught Colin this time.
  • STILL doesn't sleep through the night, although most nights he's up just once or twice. I have come to a sort of peace about this. He is a nursling and I do not believe in CIO (although I'm okay with fussing sometimes, if he's not crying) and these are things I feel strongly about, so just for today, I'm willing to deal with the nightwaking. Also, he is a cute booger, so seeing him in the middle of the night is usually not a bad thing :)
  • Our nightime ritual is my favorite-- I make Lily stand on her bed and I hold Colin and put my arm around her and she puts her little arm around him and we all sway together and sing "you are my sunshine." That is the best part of my night! We all smooch on eachother, pat eachother and its just a special time. Ack, I wish my babies would stop growing so damn fast!

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 17, 10:03:00 PM 2010, Blogger CAGB said…

    They are such beautiful kids! :o) It's nice to "hear" your catch-up.

     
  • At Tue Jan 19, 08:27:00 PM 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Holy Crap. How cute is the last visual you just gave? Seriously.

     
  • At Wed Jan 20, 09:57:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The last time I saw my grandmother - Devin's great-grandmother Johnson - in a nursing home, we sang "You are my sunshine" together. Makes me cry that you and your kids sing it too. I want to come see them again before they're grown up! They are both beautiful children.

    I'm quitting the soybean work as of the end of February, so we should be able to get away.

    Carol

     
  • At Thu Jan 21, 09:40:00 PM 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    What a great update! I love reading about the things they're doing. (Mind if I copy this for my blog).

    And I think those are my favorite pictures of your kids. Breathtaking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home