Monday, February 01, 2010

Lots O' Updates

So, big news -- we sold my car! I am now driving Devin's 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring. Its beautiful, its gorgeous, its NEW! Those of you that know me personally know that I have never owned a car less than 10 years old and usually, they all have major issues. In the past, I have had valve ticks, rod knocks, busted struts, leaking radiators, bad alternators, leaky rack and pinion and more than I cannot even recall right now. For the first time in my life, I will have a car that only needs proper maintenance (instead of shotgun fix-it approach) and that is actually safe to drive. Incredible! Anyway, wish me luck that I am actually able to take care of this car (because Lord knows, car care is not my specialty!). I drove it in the snow this weekend and lo and behold, it was easy and not scary. Apparently, traction control (new word for me), windshield wipers and headlights are very useful in bad weather!

Also, I've been hesitant to share this because I wasn't 100% sure how legit it is, but I got a work at home job! I have to work 10-20 hours a week (which gets dicey sometimes), but it pays okay and I am able to start and stop as I please. I finally got paid the other day and it felt great! Also, my photography business continues to move forward, so that makes me feel better too. I am so grateful today for what we have and how far we've come.
Colin has changed by leaps and bounds the past few weeks. All of a sudden, he has so many words! This week, he's been saying Cracker (CaCa), Shoes (shooz), Socks (sak), keys (keeysh), and he's said a few sentences (I know, it sounds crazy). He said "Sissy shoes" and "Hey Dad!" He falls a lot less and is really getting up the courage to go new places (he loves being outside) and last night, he made it to the top of the stairs. He also chipped a tiny bit of his front tooth. Right now, he is a little bull in a china shop, I cannot keep him out of the trash can or the recyclables. I keep finding all sorts of random stuff around the house that Colin has carried off. He has really found his eating groove lately and often eats more than Lily does. As much as he hated to eat earlier in his life, he has a great zest for it now.
He was not much of a fan of the snow, he kept falling in his big jacket and I don't think he liked the cold. Lily, on the other hand, spent quite a bit of time outside making snow angels and filling measuring cups and mixing bowls full of icy goodness.
Lily learned to whistle a few weeks ago and has been singing up a storm. Her current obssessions are Cinderella and Snow White. She has been singing "Sing sweet nightengale!" from Cinderella over and over again (and she sounds more like the stepsister than the princess). She bats her little eyes and dances around romantically. She insists on wearing skirts and dresses over her jeans and loves having her hair in pigtails. Where did this child come from?
That's all for now, I'll try to get better about updating!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home