Growing Kiddos
My little people are at such perfect ages! Even though Colin is going through some hard teething, I'd love to keep him this age forever. One of his eye teeth and a molar are starting to pop through and the rest are swollen and ready to come through at any minute. He also was sick AGAIN last week. It ended up being a mystery virus that caused 4 days of high fevers and then ended with a viral rash. Totally random!
His language and understanding have gone gangbusters lately. He seems to imitate nearly everything and knows a ton of words. My favorite is currently "outside" and he is calling anything snacky a "ca-ca" or cracker. He loves to come up to me while I'm working and beat my leg for a "ca-ca." He has also started to get more interactive with strangers, he tends to make cheesy faces at them.
He has also become quite the little Romeo. He smooshes his face and his big drooly lips on my face and makes a "mmmmm" sounds and kisses me. Then he pulls back and laughs and does it all over again.

Both kids had their yearly checkups last week. Lily got 2 shots (we passed on one) and we passed on Colin's altogether. He was finally feeling better and the thought of compromising his immune system again was just too much. Both kids did get an iron test and Colin got a lead test. Both of their iron levels were good, so that made me feel better. I guess pale skin and undereye circles are just genetic :)
My sheet with the stats on it is in the car, so I'll post what I think they are and then fix it later
Colin:
Weight: 21.7 lbs
Height: 29 inches
Head:

Lily:
Weight: 33 lbs
Height: I forget?
Eye test: passed
My sweet girl thinks she is so funny these days. She says stuff like "Mom, i love you more than chocolate!" She is also obsessed with her plastic princess shoes. She puts them on and transforms into the character. She says "Its me, Cinderella" and calls me stepmother, as she weaves her tale. She has found love with Alice in Wonderland and loves to reenact it on our front lawn by reading a book on a blanket and then having an adventure. Every day, she lives completely in a fantasy and its so fun to watch her grow.
I have so much more to say and record, but when I sit down to write, it seems to just fly right out of my head. One day, they'll invent an in-brain recorder so I won't have this problem :)
On the agenda for this week: Homemade butter, Homemade yogurt (we have been buying raw milk and its pretty freakin' amazing the things you can do with it!) and homemade crackers (attempting with friends who can actually cook). This week, I made my own cream sauce (well, it was with store-bought cream cheese and store bought grated-parmesan, but its the first time my alfredo hasn't come from a jar) and also homemade chicken stock (stinky house for 24 hours, but now it is freezing for future use). I'm *finally* learning how to really eat healthy (although I have a serious addiction to Krispy Kreme donuts still) and its paying off. I'm almost back to high school weight (although my rib cage is permanently expanded from having kids, so there's no way I will ever wear certain shirts again) and am feeling pretty dang good.
Hoping the Spring weather continues, because we've already had some fun on the jetski (I pulled devin from a dock-start on waterskis yesterday!). I'm looking so forward to living on lake this summer!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home