Its only been a month
June was a terribly busy month for me, 2 births and several photoshoots, but it was fantastic! I feel like I owe you all an update, or at least myself when I print this book someday. I do not want to forget how joyful I feel being able to stay home with my kids. I do not want to forget how wonderful it is to live on the water in the summer. I don't want to ever forget how amazing this time in my life is!

Last weekend, my sister, Mom, the kids and I all travelled to visit Devin's Mom and scope

Devin's Mom also found out a cool place at Ft Macon to take pictures :)
The weekend before was Leah & Thomas's wedding and it was awesome! Leah let me be annoying and pester her with my camera and I'm super happy with the shots I got!

Sometime in the past week or two, Devin gave Colin his first haircut -- a mohawk :)

My little man has all sorts of new words, possibly too many to count. He still says "Ish-Mee" when he wants to nurse (which is still pretty often). He sleeps through the night about once a week but still usually wakes up once each night. Its actually cute, he calls me til I go get him and then he starts jumping up and down when he sees me. He tells me when he's done "Go, Go, Go, Night Night!" He loves going outside (ah-side), he calls Lily by name (Sissy or Wiiwee), still loves him some Daddy, can point to all kinds of body parts and name them, loves to remove his own diaper (maybe ready for some potty training?), and loves to read (fav book this week, he says "boo boo - cah cah" which means he wants me to read him his car book. Such a boy already. Also, he climbs like a freaking mountaineer. He climbed on the kitchen table last week, opened my Krispy Kreme box and when I caught him, all covered in icing and chocolate, he said "donuh?". He was super pissed when I took him off the table and moved all the chairs so he couldn't get back up.
This weekend was 4th of July and we had a BLAST! We had friends over on Saturday and Sunday to enjoy boating and grilling out. The best part was Sunday night, we went up the river toward the White Water center, where they were having fireworks. The water was warm and shallow there and even had a sandy bottom, so Devin and I swam for a bit and the kiddos hung out with my Mom and Devin's Dad and then we all took in the fireworks together (you could see them over the treeline). It was wonderful! Colin kept pointing and saying "Ooooh" and "WOW!" The picture in the boat is everyone except Mom (she's holding the camera). You can see my head bobbing out of the water behind the boat!



And Lily showed me today how she can skiiboard!!! Devin has been teaching her and he's taken her several times behind the jetski, but today was the first time behind the boat and the first time I got to see it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home