Happy Thanksgiving!
Its the Monday after Thanksgiving and I think I've gained at least 5 inches on my waist, if not more! I had 4, count 'em, 4 turkey dinners!!! The first was at my moms, the 2nd at work, the third at home with Devin, and the fourth at Devin's mom's house at the beach. You would think I'd be turkey-ed out by this point, but no, alas I had a turkey sandwhich today from Subway for lunch!
Devin rented a 2005 bright red Ford Mustang for the 6 hour drive to Newport, NC (outer banks near Morehead City). He's so excited to have his license back, so of course, he had to rent a super-nice sports car! Too bad we can't keep it for more than a week, I'm getting totally spoiled being chauffered around town in it!
Devin's mom took us to Beaufort, NC for a day trip. It was gorgeous, although surprisingly cold. The funniest thing was that right as we walked up by the inlet, a yacht arrived and on it was...Santa! He came (via yacht) to visit all the kiddies to get their holiday wishes! It was super-cute and a fun way to kick off the holiday season. I considered forcing Devin to pose with me on Santa's lap, but I gave up that idea as soon as we saw how long the line was...not to mention the bitter cold wind!
All in all, it was a fabulous holiday! I spent most of Saturday and Sunday cuddled up in bed, resting and vegging out. Its getting so hard to do the simplest things, like tying shoes or even climbing in and out of the car. My house is in utter disarray and I can't bring myself to even do the simplest things. Poor Devin has had to take over most of the household chores, which makes me feel even more lazy, since he already does the yard, works full time, and goes to school.
I also keep getting overwhelmed with time and how fast its moving. I have a friend who is almost 15 weeks pregnant with twins and the thought crossed my mind last night that by the time she hits her third trimester, Lily will be here! That seems so surreal! According to my ticker, I have less than 11 weeks to go (although I have a feeling I'll be pregnant the max amount of time, which is 42 weeks, so I'm not counting on that due date too much!).
Devin rented a 2005 bright red Ford Mustang for the 6 hour drive to Newport, NC (outer banks near Morehead City). He's so excited to have his license back, so of course, he had to rent a super-nice sports car! Too bad we can't keep it for more than a week, I'm getting totally spoiled being chauffered around town in it!
Devin's mom took us to Beaufort, NC for a day trip. It was gorgeous, although surprisingly cold. The funniest thing was that right as we walked up by the inlet, a yacht arrived and on it was...Santa! He came (via yacht) to visit all the kiddies to get their holiday wishes! It was super-cute and a fun way to kick off the holiday season. I considered forcing Devin to pose with me on Santa's lap, but I gave up that idea as soon as we saw how long the line was...not to mention the bitter cold wind!
All in all, it was a fabulous holiday! I spent most of Saturday and Sunday cuddled up in bed, resting and vegging out. Its getting so hard to do the simplest things, like tying shoes or even climbing in and out of the car. My house is in utter disarray and I can't bring myself to even do the simplest things. Poor Devin has had to take over most of the household chores, which makes me feel even more lazy, since he already does the yard, works full time, and goes to school.
I also keep getting overwhelmed with time and how fast its moving. I have a friend who is almost 15 weeks pregnant with twins and the thought crossed my mind last night that by the time she hits her third trimester, Lily will be here! That seems so surreal! According to my ticker, I have less than 11 weeks to go (although I have a feeling I'll be pregnant the max amount of time, which is 42 weeks, so I'm not counting on that due date too much!).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home