Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas!!


This Christmas season has been very interesting, to say the least. This year, Devin and I hosted our first Christmas at our house! I felt like a "real adult" having a houseful of guests.The family picture includes: Devin's sister Deanna, his mom Debbie, her boyfriend Shawn, Devin & I, my mom Irmgard, my Aunt Linda, and my brother Derek (missing is my sister Melissa, who was in bed with both mono & recovering from her wisdom tooth surgery, poor baby!).

Christmas Eve was spent with my Aunt and Grandparents and Christmas Day was spent at our house, opening a TON of presents!!! Even Lily got gifts this year: a fuzzy bear sleeper for Aunt Tina in Maine, a play yard from Grandma Debbie, a Christmas Ornament from Aunt Kasei, super-cute ballerina slipper shoes from Grandma Irmgard and even a stocking full of chocolate and candy from Daddy (Mommy will be eating those for her...you know, so they don't go bad or anything).

Later, on Christmas Day, the whole clan gathered at my Mom's house for a Christmas Feast! It was really cool to have my family and Devin's family all together (since Dev's family lives so far away, this was a first-time event). We are looking forward to many more get-togethers in the future!

So, we've officially started planning the baby shower. I have wrangled Devin into making the invitations, which will hopefully be mailed out this week. If you don't get one or it comes late and you read this blog, consider this your official invite! I'm posting the artwork Devin did for it below:


2 Comments:

  • At Tue Dec 27, 04:24:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still love you -- ur a purdy girl.

     
  • At Tue Dec 27, 07:19:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope you had a wonderful xmas. but I'm sure you did. it all sounds wonderful.
    it's so sad that I miss all that exciting stuff, like most time of your pregnancy. and of course the babyshower.
    i miss you and wish you just the best.
    love you.
    your cousin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home