Tuesday, July 27, 2010

RIP Jeanette Faye Denton



My Granny passed last Wednesday and was buring this past Saturday morning in Lincolnton. It has been a very hard week. We first watched her go downhill rapidly and then had to deal her impending death and then the death itself. Love you Granny! And thank you to all of you that sent your good wishes, prayers and support. It has meant much more than words can express!

One thing that makes the grieving easier is my children. Their exhuberance and just the fact that their world has changed very little makes it important for me not to get too caught up in my own grief. My boy touched on a sad spot though. We went to visit Grandpa last Friday and we went into Grannys room to get a washrag and clean Colin up (he gets himself into the biggest messes), and he pointed at the bed and asked for her - "Gamma?" I tried to tell him in words he could understand so I told him that Granny is all gone. And my sweet boy said "Bye Bye Gamma"
My kids are so stinkin cute and warm my heart daily. They love playing together and have recently started telling eachother "I love you" (well, with Colin, it sounds like "Iluwwyouu"). His words right now are crazy, I wish I could count them. He knows all sorts of animals and sounds and has the gross motor skills of a 3 year old. This kid is a climber! He stands on top of the sit and spin and says WEEE and falls to the couch.


We found out that Lily will be starting school via the More at Four program here in August. She is really excited although I'm not sure what will happen though, as we may be moving after our lease here is up. We have loved living here, but we probably need to live in somewhere affordable. We shall see whats in store, we may be buying a home (daunting and scary thought!)
Oh and for the record, yes, Colin did wean. I have done everything under the sun to preserve our nursing relationship, but he says "no" everytime I offer. My silly buddy :(
Wedding plans are still set for September, although I still haven't sent invitations yet. I think we have a max of 40 because of the location space, so it'll be small and simple. I'm thinking 20 minute ceremony followed by some good food!

We shall see what the future holds!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home