Friday, August 13, 2010

Big Jump

So we have a LOT going on over here. Our wedding is planned for Sept 25th, our lease will be up soon and we are looking to buy a house, and Lily may be starting school (depending on the house thing) in the beginning of September. Can I tell you that I am totally unprepared for all of these things? Wish me luck!

I just wanted to record the changes in my little guy. Last night, I heard some banging in the bathroom. I went to check on him and he had moved a stool so that he could climb up on the sink. He found his toothbrush up there (acually it was the pink version of his toothbrush -- meaninig Lily's), and had turned on the water and was "brushing his teeth." He was so proud so I let him work a bit longer :)

This morning I heard a big thud, followed by some crying, followed by "mama?" mama?" - Guess who showed up in my room a few minutes later? I hope he makes it through naptime today. We have just finally turned the corner, in the past month or so on sleep. We have 3 hour naps a day and 12 uninterrupted hours at night. This crib-escape may cause some new issues there.

We are also using 2 word sentences -- "Hey Mama" "Bye Sissy" "Okay Daddy?" (his response to a loud hiccup from Devin). He also says he wants to "Go Go Outside" and "Go Go Bye Bye." Everything he says has to be said at least twice if not more, usually. When he identifies something (yesterday the new word was Camel), he says "Cama, cama, cama, cama" Its so cute!

Lily is my breakfast getting in the morning, she can go downstairs and climb on stuff to get to snacks and even toast waffles for them. Makes this whole mommy-thing a bit easier!

Lily is super excited about starting preschool. She talksl about it almost daily. I don't have the heart to tell her its sort of up in the air right now, what with the moving and all. We have found a couple of houses we sorta like in the area, so hopefully one of them will work out.

Oh and Colin identified his first tv character. It was Manny from Handy Manny. Yes, the tv babysits for me sometimes. I work at home. It happens.

Lastly, please say some prayers/send good thoughts from my Grandpa. After losing his dog and his wife of 61 years last month, he found out yesterday that his cancer is not responding to the chemo. We are not sure how much time we have left with him and are hoping against hope for some extra time with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home